IMDb Scraper issues on XBMC for Mac OS X?
Dudeman Wrote:I never did have problems with the scraper freezing, just not getting it right, and that sometimes it would be nearly impossible to even manually make it work.

Could your problem have something to do with network blocking (firewalls, maybe Little Snitch)? Does it freeze and stay frozen, or does it eventually timeout?

Nope. I did check all of that. The problem is strange, since it doesn't pop for pulling listing results, only for pulling actual info and covers. I'd be less surprised if no scraping worked at all.

C-Quel: What user errors? The problem where the included scripts didn't work as they should have and redownloading them again fixed it? Or the problem I have where XBMC can't download anything at all and nothing close to a response exists anywhere in the manual, the faq or the forums.

Forums should have an /ignore button, really.
C-Quel Wrote:God dammit! Dont you just love user errors Smile

Sorry about the above comment "Eduo" but i had to have a guess as my Crystal Ball has ran out of batteries... its an old one so i cannot plug it into my usb port.

Maybe you could provide a debug log so we can see what is happening Smile

paste it here http://www.pastebin.com and post the link

Oh /ignore would not do you any favours Smile im the one that will be fixing it if there is a problem :p
I have, as I mentioned already. I created a different thread and in it also provided the log from pastebin before I mentioned it here. I originally mentioned it here because it was related but not enough to hijack the thread.

But, really, I don't mind if you want to keep away from it. I could do without the unhelpful yet-so-funny remarks. I can live without them, although I'd understand if it made you happy to go there and recommend I don't scrape info or that I put it there manually from my Xbox's files or some other advice that doesn't really help me or anyone.
eduo Wrote:C-Quel: I know you think you're being wittily helpful but the whole point of searching through name is scraping all info. As well, there are some that don't keep a single NFO file as they look untidy.

If the scraper is not accurate then it's not accurate. There are problems existing in XBMC for OSX for scraping that are reflecting in different ways, and this is one of them. For some, things that the xbox version found perfectly are not being found in the OSX version.

For me, the scrapers don't work at all and actually freeze XBMC and eventually crash the system.

God knows I've been snarky in the past but I truly believe it's not the proper attitude against the slew of new users the forums will receive, none of which has run XBMC on an Xbox. This could be a real bug but the snarkiness keeps it hidden.

All that said, I'm all for sending people off to read the FAQ and the Manual, as long as we're sure they're properly linked and easily locatable.

Comments likes the above dont do you any favours... i recommended adding the year because we use it to avoid complications like "aka,same movie different year" and the list goes on... so its not that our scraper is not accurate, its the fact that users dont use it to its full potential.

Prime example... on imdb search itself "The Wild"

The Edge (1997)
aka "The Wild" - USA (working title)
There's definitely something genuinely wrong with XBMC for OS X's IMDB scraper. I've had several problems with it. For some reason, it can't find certain films. I'm not talking about some low-budget unheard-of film here. I'm talking LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring (other LOTR films work) and Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone (other HP films work).

And I believe that the OS X version does not have the Settings button enabled in PM3 for the IMDB scraper, so it's also not working correctly for this reason: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=30542
IIRC, I had to change the scraper file to even get it working partially at all.

I'm busy now so I can't provide a detailed analysis, but I'll try sometime later.
Thanks, Chrislee149. I'll check this. The strange part is that it seems to be working for some (either that or most new people don't even know about the scrapers which, to me, are the best part of XBMC).

C-Quel: That's what the manual search is there for, isn't there? To see the results and pick the correct one. Putting the year in the title might make the search work but does make the whole process more cumbersome and less tidy. If the automatic search doesn't work then that's what the manual search is for. I have the automatic only mis-find an item once, so I don't think going to IMDB, checking the year of that movie, going back to the XBMC source, renaming the file and searching again is, in any way, a better option than just picking the correct result from a list.

But that could be me, obviously.

I did like the "Comments like that don't do you any favours", though, as that's exactly what my point was trying to be.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDb Scraper issues on XBMC for Mac OS X?0