Context-Menu keyboard shortcut in XBMC for Mac?
Question 
Another question: What is the keyboard shortcut on OSXBMC for the Context Menu? On keymap.xml it says <menu>. What is that key? Perharps a thread with all the keyboard shortcuts would be a good idea, if someone knew them!
XBMC rocks. Thanks! Big Grin
It's the windows menu key (same as right click popup menu) on win32/linux, so perhaps there's a similar key on macs?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks. It works with control+click or two fingers click! Big Grin
I have a MacBook Pro and I can't get the context menu to work. I have tried Control, which didn't work (Control + click as suggested above didn't work either and sounds weird as XMBC doesn't take any mouse input or?)
It would be great if we could map actions to the Control, Option or Command (Apple key) by using <control>, <option> and <command>.
I have now remapped context menu to the C key which works but is not really optimal. I think the Apple key would work best for this, or Control but that didn't work for me. Anyone else who can explain to me how to get this to work on a Mac.
Conny: The right-click or ctrl-click only work when the mouse is enabled, which can be done from the settings. You might want to try it but keep in mind XBMC wasn't really designed with a mouse in mind and it might not react as you expect it.

In the end it's a good idea to have it mapped to a key (although as you've found it won't map to a modifier key or a special-character key yet)
Hi Conny,

I'm not an XBox owner but I am hoping that the method you used to assign the 'C' key to open the context menu will help me do the same thing on my keyboard. I would like to have a keyboard shortcut to open the context menu for the selected item on my MacBook. I have already tried adding the following two custom keyboard shortcuts in the system preferences for "All Applications":

Menu Title: "Open Context Menu", Keystroke: "Ctrl + Space"
Menu Title: "Show Context Menu", Keystroke: "Ctrl + Space"

Any pointers would be much appreciated!

MacBook. OS X Leapord.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Context-Menu keyboard shortcut in XBMC for Mac?0