TheTVDB.com down! Their server host is screwing them over!
Sad 
Just tried to access thetvdb website and I am greeted with a message saying that the account has been suspended....Just a heads upNo
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:Just tried to access thetvdb website and I am greeted with a message saying that the account has been suspended....Just a heads upNo

Yep, seems it's gone...this would be catastrophic !!

Hopefully it's a billing glitch.
Oh NOOOoooooooo Mr. Billllllll!!!! Hopefully it's a small problem. That would definitely be a bad thing if it's down, it's the most used one for me without a thought.
Major yikes! More than just XBMC use this as well, this could be a disaster. Hopefully we're just overreacting.

Explains why I was having a problem earlier though.
double yikes
zomg!
Catchy Signature Here
Read this here;
http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?t=495

Seems the host screwed them over and they are homeless at the moment.
petejo Wrote:Read this here;
http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?t=495

Seems the host screwed them over and they are homeless at the moment.

OMG That is horrible. I don't even want to think about moving on without this website. It is scary how integral it is to my entire system! My XBMC video library won't work without it, and my program I have that automatically renames and moves incoming TV shows won't work without it Sad
this is why we need to be able to export to XML files from the library, to help make the library self-contained...
Catchy Signature Here
SleepyP Wrote:this is why we need to be able to export to XML files from the library, to help make the library self-contained...

That's a good point.
RockDawg Wrote:That's a good point.

ditto
its online again
Quote:We are currently in the process of moving the site. We recommend NOT attempting to use the site at this time. Any changes you make will most likely be lost. We hope to have the move completed within a day or so. Please be patient and check the forum for updates. Once the move is complete this ugly message will be removed.
Read our forum thread for more info. Some guys are going to be hosting us on a dedicated server for free, so this is actually a step in the right direction. We're also going to focus on finally getting the mirroring stuff working once it's up so if our main server should go down at some point, the mirrors will still be able to handle requests.

We're just waiting on them to get the new server up at which time we'll be uploading our content and making sure everything works.
szsori Wrote:Read our forum thread for more info. Some guys are going to be hosting us on a dedicated server for free, so this is actually a step in the right direction. We're also going to focus on finally getting the mirroring stuff working once it's up so if our main server should go down at some point, the mirrors will still be able to handle requests.

We're just waiting on them to get the new server up at which time we'll be uploading our content and making sure everything works.

Great news szsori -- I was actually reading closely over on your forums, but never posted because apparently my login wasn't working :p

As soon as you get mirroring working, i'll be glad to offer a server up for mirroring.
looks like everything back to normal. gonna start updated the TV database now.. yeah..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheTVDB.com down! Their server host is screwing them over!0