Enable Plugin
Hi, does anybody know why my plugin won't work. I have a plugin that I want to be added to my Kodi. I have added the plugin in the userdata folder, then edited the addon manifest so that my plugin is part of the app. It shows up correctly but when I try and click it, it gives me an error. Is there something I'm missing. Thank you .
Debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Sorry nickr should have posted this https://pastebin.com/iEPrYNPh
1 not a debug log, turn debugging on, restart kodi.
2 what is the name of your plugin?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
It's cool now I've sorted it.
But you're not prepared to document it for the benefit of others?
Yes of course I will ... When I had to edit the addon manifest.xml folder and I had to manually add my add on I forgot something. I missed out an addon in the manifest, it was the common.methods add on. After I added that everything worked okay.
Cool, thanks.
That's a banned addon from a banned repo, be aware.

Likely explains the obfuscation.

EDIT: or is it? I'm genuinely confused.
Looked a bit time consuming figuring out what addons to add/remove/update and amending the manifest file correctly. At least that's what I thought after spending so much time figuring out this file actually existed and additional addons are disabled unless included!

Being a fan of using machines to do this kind of thinking I open a terminal;
cd to assets/addons folder and typed this one-liner

echo '<addons>'>../system/addon-manifest.xml; ls | sed 's/\(.*\)/ <addon>\1<\/addon>/'>>../system/addon-manifest.xml; echo '</addons>'>>../system/addon-manifest.xml

This autogenerated the file for me.
Brilliant My Friend!  Smile     nice one-liner to get the manifesto.xml  written!   I did my "solution" to the same prob in a line of  .py  (because my existing script  already does a ton of other handy things !)  So I added that function ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enable Plugin0