• 2(current)
Issues with Extras Addon
(2017-06-17, 22:03)Karellen Wrote: Hello Edworld,

That sounds unusual. Honestly I don't know why it is throwing up that message. I assume you have read the wiki page, and ended up here from the wiki page?

You have highlighted the movie, selected Extras from the Context Menu, it then shows the list of Extras videos. Then you select one to play. If this what you have done, it is all set up correctly

If you navigate to the file via Videos>Files>your source>movie name>>extras folder, does the video play?

Yes to first 2 questions...

I followed the steps of video\files\source and got this. Installed from Kodi repo

watch gallery
Correct me if I am wrong. You are clicking on the "Search on YouTube" link. This is asking you to enter the search parameter (eg Underworld trailer) and it will open up the YouTube add-on and return a list of matches. From there you can select one and stream it from YouTube

If you have your own Movie Extra's files that you have, say, ripped from a DVD/Bluray, they should be showing up in that list. If they are not in the list, then the "Extras" directory that you created and saved your movie files in is in the wrong location.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
If you have your own Extras files, and the directory is correctly located, your screen should look something like this

https://ibb.co/h2P5v5
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
thanks for trying to help

it looks like this:

watch gallery

when I click on the movie I get "querying local information only information"
Can you...

1. confirm that the file is playable. Do this outside of Kodi.
2. If it is playable, submit a debug log. Instructions in my signature below. Remember to enable debugging, restart kodi, then replicate the problem
My Signature
(2017-06-18, 00:34)Karellen Wrote: Can you...

1. confirm that the file is playable. Do this outside of Kodi.
2. If it is playable, submit a debug log. Instructions in my signature below. Remember to enable debugging, restart kodi, then replicate the problem

It does play....

The workaround is to position myself on the movie, bring up context menu, and then click play

will submit the bug later today, here is the link: https://pastebin.com/SHLy8cG6

thanks
Will this work if I have a bonus bluray disc in bluray folder structure?
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
If it correctly located in the Extras folder, and the Extras folder is correctly loacated, it should work. But... I have never tried playing the preserved Bluray structure from within the Extras folder.

Maybe you can let us know if it works, and I will update the wiki page. Maybe also check the Video_TS rip as well if you have one handy? Smile

You could just place the mt2s file from the Stream directory into the Extras folder and it will work.
My Signature
Sorry for rhe late reply I have been a little pre occupied. but good new .strm filr pointing a index.bdmv file does work in krypton... as for leia ican not get any extras to show up no matter what format.

problem is I am not getting any errors either.

so my queation is does rhis support kodi 18 yet? wouod be awesome if it dis since we have bluray menus support now.
Thanks for reporting back.

I will update the wiki page to confirm that preserved bluray formats will work in the Extra's folder. Were you able to check the DVD format as well?
My Signature
I did not move the whole bmdv folder to the extras folder I made a .strm file to link it. I will try moving the folders tonight and see if that works.

If you could may you or someone reading this verify that this add-on does not work in the Kodi 18? And if it does work may you tell me which nightly your using?

Thanks
Alright so the whole folder was moved to extras for dvd and bdmv folder format.. With this they both show but you have to navigate down to the index.bdmv and the video_ts.inf file to start playing the disc. personally I don't like that. But if you take the time to make a .strm file you can launch the bonus disc directly so either way works it just how much time you want to put into setting it up.
Thanks for your feedback smitchell6879,

Of course, now that you mention it, it makes sense. The Extras is more of a file manager/browser and not a player. Yes, I would prefer the stream file... or just pluck out the mt2s or vob file and place them there if they are single files.

I will modify the wiki page with that information. Smile
My Signature
Plucking out the mt2s would work for sure. The one thing I do like with the .strm looking at Kodi 18 that supports Java menus is that in the future you could actually launch the complete disc and have it working as if it were in a Blu-ray player. So u get the menus with the deleted sences and all the extra stuff lol.
Any updates as to why it is not working in Leia? Also, I think you can limit the advanced settings entry to the 'append' statements only E.g.:

<excludefromscan action="append">
<regexp>/extras/</regexp>
<regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
<excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">
<regexp>/extras/</regexp>
<regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>
</excludetvshowsfromscan>

I left out the preceeding statements in the guide and it does not scan the extras. (May be safer this way in case the defaults change)
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with Extras Addon1