• 3(current)
Issues with Extras Addon
Is it possible to add Extras to a movie set or must it be a single movie?
I have this bonus disc for the Godfather Trilogy and since these extras are related to the entire set instead of a single movie I'd prefer to add these extras to the set.

If it isn't possible I could probably add a dummy 4th movie called Extras and put them there.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
I just installed the Kodi Extras add-on. It works great to include the extras to a movie but I can't get Kodi to exclude them. They all show up with the regular movies. Here is what I have in my advancedsettings.xml file )copied from the Wiki):

<video>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>[-\._ ](extrafanart|trailer|extrathumbs)[-\._ ]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
<excludefromlisting>
<regexp>[-._ \\/](extrafanart|trailer|extrathumbs)[-._ \\/]</regexp>
</excludefromlisting>
<excludefromscan action="append">
<regexp>/extras/</regexp>
<regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
<excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">
<regexp>/extras/</regexp>
<regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>
</excludetvshowsfromscan>
</video>

My directory structure basically looks like this:

The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)\Extras
The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)\Extras\A Day In the Life of a Hobbit.m4v

What am I doing wrong?
Hi vdubeau,

Two possible reasons the advancedsettings.xml is not working...
1. You have placed the file in the incorrect location
2. You have not surrounded the above code with <advancedsettings></advancedsettings>

If the above code is the complete contents of the advancedsettings.xml file you have, then item 2 is the problem. I can now see how the wiki may be confusing for those that are not aware of the requirements, so I will update it to lessen the confusion. The following is what you should have...

PHP Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <
video>
     <
excludefromscan>
         <
regexp>[-\.](extrafanart|trailer|extrathumbs)[-\.]</regexp>
     </
excludefromscan>
     <
excludefromlisting>
         <
regexp>[-.\\/](extrafanart|trailer|extrathumbs)[-.\\/]</regexp>
     </
excludefromlisting>
     <
excludefromscan action="append">
         <
regexp>/extras/</regexp>
         <
regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>
     </
excludefromscan>
     <
excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">
         <
regexp>/extras/</regexp>
         <
regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>
     </
excludetvshowsfromscan>
  </
video>
</
advancedsettings
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Only today I started using the Extras addon. When I used it, I followed the guidelines (have the Extras folder located with the movie, make sure Extras knows where the Extras folders are, etc.) and it was working perfectly. Only recently (as in approx. an hour ago) the extras weren't showing up in the Extras addon, instead showing up in the main movie view under "Extras", the documentary from 2001. Where did I go wrong?
Hello @DapperTROID

Can you confirm that you have added the advancedsettings.xml code. It is the code in the post immediately above your post. Reading that entire post may be of assistance.

Also can you provide a debug log. The instructions are in my signature. Use the Basic method. Once you have enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. In your case, navigate to one of your Extras and play the extra movie. Once done upload to pastebin and link back here.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
http://paste.ubuntu.com/25471483/
I had to upload this to Ubuntu Pastebin manually. The uploader failed.

I have also added advancedsettings.xml from post 33.
Hi DapperTROID,

I think I found the issue.
Code:
10:56:51.728 T:18540  NOTICE: No settings file to load (special://xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml)
10:56:51.728 T:18540  NOTICE: No settings file to load (special://masterprofile/advancedsettings.xml)

Kodi does not see the advancedettings.xml file. This can be caused by:
1. Incorrectly formatted file
2. File saved in the wrong location.

This is where Kodi is looking for the file. Can you confirm this is where you saved it
Code:
special://masterprofile/ is mapped to: C:\Users\Lorraine & Dwight\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata
My Signature
I moved it from the userdata folder in Kodi to the userdata folder in Roaming/Kodi. I reactivated Kodi and nothing changed. I updated the library, I cleaned the library.
Simply cleaning the library will not remove those entries. They are there to stay because the files still exist.

They now have to be removed from the library via the Context Menu>Manage>Remove from library. Once you have done that, then you can Clean Library.

Before you do that, I would like to see another debug log, just to confirm it is working, and to see what code you have entered. When you create the debug log, can you run an Update Library also.
My Signature
http://paste.ubuntu.com/25471795/

I removed the items from the library, then updated the library, and it worked. Thanks for the help!
Great to hear. Yes, the debug log shows the advancedsettings.xml is correct. And it is showing that Kodi is actively ignoring anything in the Extras folder.

Enjoy!!
My Signature
Found another issue, nasty, because it affects mostly other add-ons (HD-Trailers), not directly Extras.

Wiki for this Add-on encourages to add following line to advancesettings.xml:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
     <excludefromscan>
         <regexp>[-\._ ](extrafanart|trailer|extrathumbs)[-\._ ]</regexp>
     </excludefromscan>
     <excludefromlisting>
         <regexp>[-._ \\/](extrafanart|trailer|extrathumbs)[-._ \\/]</regexp>
     </excludefromlisting>

Problem is, excluding "trailer" from listing will break HD Trailers in non-obvious way: you will be able to navigate through different titles, watch posters, clips, but all trailers will be gone. From what I understand this is only top of it, because anything that has "trailer" string as part of its name will no longer be showed.
Please, if you have access rights to Kodi Wiki, change it to:
Code:
     <excludefromlisting>
         <regexp>[-._ \\/](extrafanart|extrathumbs)[-._ \\/]</regexp>
     </excludefromlisting>
which is still not perfect, but much safer.
Hi everyone.

On Kodi17, I wonder if there's any way to display the extra view with an other sorting parameter than "date" ?

I wish I could sort the items by name, but that seems impossible. Any idea ?

Thanks a lot.

Smeulf.
Hello @Smeulf

As noted in the Add-on:Extras (wiki) wiki page Section 5, it is a known issue (I am assuming you have come to this thread from there). If there was a solution it would have been posted already. Wink

If you know code, maybe you can play with that and see if you can modify the code to change sort parameters. It is not on any of our to-do list's to modify.
My Signature
(2017-11-24, 01:33)Karellen Wrote: It is not on any of our to-do list's to modify.
Sad to hear, but I can understand.

I'll try to add sort options by myself, and submit a PR if I can succeed, but if it was not solved yet, I don't have great hopes :/

Thanks for you answer anyway.

All the best.

Smeulf.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with Extras Addon1