• 10(current)
AEON Skin Mods/Themes (unofficial modifications to the AEON skin)
I've still got it. I'll put it back up alongside the new one.
Weavus Wrote:Have you tested this with the latest Aeon Alpha 10 build?

I haven't tried it with the latest build. I might give it a go in the next day or so to see if it works.
Rand Al Thor Wrote:Honestly, if you are so happy with the alpha9 mod why don't you just keep using that? I know djh has released a new version but from what I have seen there aren't any showstoping new features. Mostly just 1080 textures. Is the difference that noticeable?

There's some parts that have been finished in the latest release. For example the video and audio menus now appear to work, and the keyboard for text entry is heaps better. There's also better feedback when skipping to let you know how far through you are.

More and more stuff will get finished with each release and I still run into various things that aren't quite "there". For example, some of the dynamic text still appears over static, e.g. when deleting a file. I'm hoping all these will get tidied up over time.

Rand Al Thor Wrote:As for my skin. It will be mainly for linux/windows users. I do not say this to exclude anyone but unfortunately some of the things that I want out of the skin will be too much for the good old xbox. It *might* work fine on the xbox but I am not going to go out of my way to make it compatible considering I only use the Linux and windows builds currently. To answer your question. Yes, it will have myth specific views.

Yay! Myth specific views.

Rand Al Thor Wrote:My goal is to have a ui that is easy enough for my elderly relatives to use having never used it before and to design something that visually would not look out of place in an upscale museum/art gallery. I will not add any features that I feel "cheapen" the look of the ui.

Sounds great. A skin that my partner can easily use is what I'm looking for. We ending up just using the Favourites in the PMIII skin at which point all the other stuff on the home page was useless. Aeon in part solved that problem, but without a single click access to the TV recordings that's a bit of a show stopper. It's a pity more of this great myth:// protocol stuff isn't somehow making it into the default XBMC skin. The default media library handling capabilities for the native MythTV front end is a bit lack luster so I'm hoping XBMC which rocks at that will do great stuff after the GSoC project for the EPG etc.

Rand Al Thor Wrote:Feel free to post questions and ideas but again don't be upset if your feature/request doesn't make it into the skin.

Where is the best place to post questions and ideas? Are you starting a new thread (or have I just not found it).
I do not have a separate thread started as of yet. I hesitate to do so until I have some screen caps to show. So, until that point feel free to post here.
@rand Al Thor

By hijacking the Clips menu and pointing to a Source pointing to myth://192.168.x.x I can access Live TV, the Guide and the Recordings. Saweet. Probably enough for now.

I do miss the views that you put together though. Having a list and seeing the snapshot thumbnail of the recording and the EPG details like plot line etc. was actually quite useful.

The views that you put together look like they could be redone by copying the views that Aeon is using for the Movie Library and adjusting the labels and ListItem attributes that are used.

Wiring in a view looks complicated though. I thought the skinning engine would deal with more of the workflow of which views to display based on what is chosen but it looks like lots of flags being checked in the visible field to do some of that magic. Lots of includes all over the place as well.

Where's the best place to learn more about thisHuh
you can check the wiki for info on how conditionals and listitems are used. However, I found it easier when I was first starting to just find a view that I really liked, open the xml, and start tinkering. I learn better by doing I guess. Cheers.
As I have mentioned before I am working on a skin of my own. Unfortunately, progress is slow. I would expect to be done before Christmas this coming year but can't guarantee that. Since my skin is still in the early stages AEON is still my default skin. I have made a few slight modifications that, for me at least, keep the skin in it's well deserved place as my default skin. Mostly these changes are things that make it easier for me to navigate and find the information that I am looking for. I had hesitated making a mod since these were all changes that seemed to work for me and might not be useful for others. However, in the spirit of community I decided to share the thing anyway. This is based on Aeon14.

http://rapidshare.com/files/135070736/Aeonmod.rar.html

This is the whole skin as I have changed so many files I don't remember now which ones have changed and which are the same. Please DELETE the entire contents of your Aeon skin folder and replace or make a new skin called AEONMOD. Do not just overwrite your existing skin. Also, before posting any issues make sure you have DELETED all aeon related skin settings in guisettings.xml. Do not just hit the reset button. Many of the changes I have made will cause strange behavior if you do not remove all of these settings.

Changes:
Added slide-in info to list views
List view now displays appropriate aspect for episodes
All video info windows have more information added. ie episode info, tv show synopsis etc etc.
Current Weather Temp displays in the appropriate location
I have added more music views. These are similar to the older mod views.
Trailers button now shows only when trailer is present, when no trailer a blank button shows so the panel does not look like it is a kid missing a tooth.
Wall View are now truly "borderless" and scroll infinitely vertically.
Aeon Setting option for "wall info" this applies only to Movie Wall. Please enable the setting and let me know what you think.
Pictures target can now be set in Aeon Settings.
Comics and Pictures now link to appropriate sections.
Comics window now displays Comics backgrounds.
I'm sure there is more but I can't think of it right now...

Suggestions and feedback are always welcome. However, since this mod was only originally intended for my private use and I am not getting paid for this, please respect the fact that I AM UNDER NO OBLIGATION to add/change/modify anything simply because you think it would be better for you. Please do not PM me with questions/comments/help requests. Any of these can be posted here and I will do my best to get to them as time permits. Cheers.
Rand, you rock.

I sure how Duncan will integrate your mod into the core!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Glad you like it. Constructive feedback is always welcome Wink What did you think of the "wall info" option?
Will you be adding any type of banner view for TV?
UND3R ACHI3V3R Wrote:Will you be adding any type of banner view for TV?

Nope. I thought about it long and hard and I agree with DJH. It just doesn't make any sense to have a different shape for tv show icons than you do for movies. I had wondered about it when it first became popular but I guess I kind of just got used to it. It doesn't make sense because you have a long narrow box to work with so you get a lot of text and a sliver of image. I think it would be helpful if we could get the logos for tv shows. You know the shows name in the specific font/layout they use for the show with a transparent background. That could be incorporated into fanart views with great results.
Rand Al Thor Wrote:Glad you like it. Constructive feedback is always welcome Wink What did you think of the "wall info" option?

I like the wall... it is VERY good.

Again, I hope Duncan merges your mods, and fixes!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
just installed your mod and wanted to say .. looking nice Smile

i especially like the aspect ratio fix for episode thumbs and also the plot's inside info box's Smile
oh .. i also forgot to say two more things Wink

i like the "moviewall info" setting and thx for fixing weather .. looking clean and readable Smile
now if you could get it possible to change between the various cities that are in settings .. the weather screen would be perfect
pletopia Wrote:oh .. i also forgot to say two more things Wink

i like the "moviewall info" setting and thx for fixing weather .. looking clean and readable Smile
now if you could get it possible to change between the various cities that are in settings .. the weather screen would be perfect

Thanks for the kind words. I am a big fan of the movie wall. It works for me because there really are "no borders" and I like how the info zooms in on hover. It is basically just the movie info panel but it still looks nice.

What exactly do you mean by changing cities for wheather? Do you want it to change cities automatically or do you just mean the ability to change cities in general?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AEON Skin Mods/Themes (unofficial modifications to the AEON skin)0