• 2(current)
AEON Skin Mods/Themes (unofficial modifications to the AEON skin)
I agree that in that poster wall view I feel that all of the aspect ratios should be maintained, having all of the icons look perfect is much preferable over having 7 neat and tidy rows... in my opinion I couldn't care less if the edges run over a bit. My humble opinion...

keep up the good work.
Ok, i might let the top and bottom rows overlap a bit to sure up the aspect of the unfocused items so long as it doesn't require too much running over the edges. Although to be honest I am far more concerned with the aspect of the focused item. It was a bitch to get it where it is now so I'm hoping i don't have to change it. Expect music views in the next couple days. I think I'm about done with video views. Cheers.
Here are 2 music views. In addition to these 2 there is also the Music Wall which functions just like the movie wall. I still need to finish the border and then I'll have some screenshots.

Is this available for download? If so, where? I'd love to check this out.
No download yet. I still have a few more things to do before it's ready for public consumption. I tweaked the tv views again today. Now the banners fade in once you select a tv show instead of sliding across the screen. The library "list" view is now a "season" view. It lists your seasons on the right hand side of the screen and displays a large image of the season thumb in the info panel. It is basically the movie/tvep view but without the zoom out effect because there is really no information to reveal about TV seasons. I also modified the visualizations screen. Now music info fades after a few seconds and can be called with the info button at any time. You do need to check the setting in the AEON menu to display info during visualizations though. I also got another of the mod7 music views working. Here is a screen shot:
There is a small black line the goes across the back of the screen and for the life of me I can't figure out why. It doesn't seem to appear in library mode though. That is the last music view I am doing. So in total there are the 2 posted above, an alternate wall view and this 3D album scroller. I will finish the Music Wall tomorrow but I'm calling it a night for now. Cheers.
Not only is there a black horizontal line, it seems as if the glass panel above and below that line are different. Furthermore, the reflections are way out of proportion, larger than the actual albums and therefore extending far too much downward.
Rand Al Thor Wrote:There is a small black line the goes across the back of the screen and for the life of me I can't figure out why. It doesn't seem to appear in library mode though.

If you want to send me a copy of the code then I could have a look at it if you want? (PM me if you're interested)
Rand,
The black line looks like the back of the "floor" for the CDs to 'stand on'. Notice the shading under the line itself is different than the shading above the line. I looked but cannot find it in the PSD. Maybe DJH has an updated PSD he has not posted?

DJH might need to create a new image for that view.

btw... look'n good!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I'm gonna put it out there; if you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back. -Ron Burgundy

Scroll with right and left buttons; fullscreen album info by pushing "info" button. Yeah, I know that's the wrong font :confused2:

@Competes2win
Whoa there simmer down ;P I said is wasn't perfect yet. My skinning skills are minimal at best so I am doing what I can within my means.

@Affini
That is kind of what I had gleaned too. The line seems to be the convergence point on the horizon if you will. It calls wideglass.png so there is definitely nothing in the image itself. As I mentioned there is no line in library view.

@skunkm0nkee
If you could look at the code I would really appreciate it. I have a few small issues that I am bashing my head in trying to pin down. If you could take a look at those the mod would pretty much be ready for release. I will send the PM later today. Thanks.
@NotShorty
First, props for the Anchorman quote Wink Second, I do like that. In fact i had even considered doing a coverflowish movie view as well. I might tinker around with it and see what happens. Do we prefer a full cover flow view as opposed to one with a list on the side?
Rand Al Thor Wrote:...I might tinker around with it and see what happens. Do we prefer a full cover flow view as opposed to one with a list on the side?

You know, the more I think about it, I think your Music view here (as well as its corresponding Movie view from mod v7) are the ones I'd use. Ideally I'd like the tiles to extend all the way across with info only when I press the info button, but beggars can't be choosers. Here's why I like that view most:

1) I don't have enough TV Shows to fill an entire Poster Wall. Therefore, if I have [Movies; Poster Wall, Music; Poster Wall... Oops, TV Shows; Wide icon with randomly changing backgrounds] that's really inconsistent. Also, I sure as heck don't have enough games to fill a Poster Wall (only 3 emulators and Madden '08 which fits on my stock hard drive) Sad

2) Coverflow suffers the same big drawback as several other views; you can only advance one item at a time (unlike tiled views, where rows and columns allow you to skip ~5 at a time). Much simpler navigation for large libraries.

3) Coverflow is sexy... but it's Apple-flavored :p. That's the biggest reason I lost interest in the xTV skin. All that effort and tweaking, just to be a design imitator, IMO. Now, one could say that AEON "feels similar" to Windows Media Center, which is fine because xbox is a Microsoft product, but I personally don't want to be mistaken for a Mac fanboy.

How do they feel similar?
Home Screen
-WMC; up and down navigation between categories, left and right for settings
-AEON; left and right navigation between categories, up and down for settings
Cateory views
-WMC; tiled with right and left scrolling off screen
-AEON with Mod v7; tiled with up and down scrolling off screen

These are just the opinions of a guy who's trying to avoid cleaning his apartment. By no means would I try to discourage someone from tweaking to suit their own tastes. Also, I've got nothing against Macs. I just don't like the douchebags that use them Wink
I agree that poster walls and even cover flow are not actually all that functional views by nature. They do look pretty though Wink Personally for movies the only view I really use is the Movie info view or perhaps the tiled view as you mentioned. As for tv shows my taste are a bit more varied. I like wide info to pick the show. I made a special view just for seasons because that view always bugged me. It is a list on the right hand side with a large season thumb in the info panel. Then for the episode level I use again my old staple movie/ep info view. Unfortunately, i am having trouble getting screen shots of it because the text never shows up but trust me it is really nice. The icons appear large at first then zoom out revealing the info. Depending on whether it is a movie or a tv show the info displayed and the position changes accordingly. If you haven't guessed already I really like that view!

Ok enough about my tastes here are some more screenshots. I finished the glass for the music wall:

And just for you NotShorty, I changed the cd cover view to fill the screen Wink It does make more sense I guess since there is another view already with the angled album cover and you can already see the album covers anyway.

I am going to have skunkm0nkee look at my code and see if he can nail down some of the bugs I can't seem to find. The 3d album music view *might* become a full coverflow view. Other than that I think I am done. Cheers.
Awesome, thanks! Big Grin
looking very good... great work!
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AEON Skin Mods/Themes (unofficial modifications to the AEON skin)0