• 4(current)
AEON Skin Mods/Themes (unofficial modifications to the AEON skin)
I'll be running on linux so I cant test that sorry. I do like the look of it from screens you posted in the other thread though.
Just got a chance to try it! VERY IMPRESSED. I've got thumbs set to 512 which I think makes the posterwall slightly sluggish but still pretty quick. finally seeing the results of always creating quality posters for my movies. I like how in poster wall, the time and date disappear when you select the top right icons. Also would probably like the movie/ep info view in the tv file section though I can add this myself I think.

Overall it is very useable and will definately be default here.
also just noticed
Changed: Info during visualizations fade and can be called with info button. Requires display info during visualizations button to be checked in Aeon settings.

text fades but the background texture doesnt. it stays on screen and doesnt disappear.
sorry about the repeated posts and i hope i dont sound like im complaining..

but watched/unwatched seems to be missing?

and now playing info in menus doesnt display artist or song name

cast photos arent displayed either but I am just happy you included cast info!!

anyway thats all my complaining done I think.. great work everywhere else!!
@nick888
movie/ep view is available for tv shows. If you are talking about strictly the files view then no, not gonna happen. I haven't messed with watched/unwatched or the now playing info. If it is not working the way you would like then you need to take that up with djh. Also, I haven't decided if I am going to have cast photos, so don't hold your breath. I will though take a look at the visualizations screen.
ok cheers mate. I'll try and implement them myself when I get abit of time.
Thought about it for a bit and it does seem odd not to have a watched/unwatched button so I added one. I also fixed the visualizations texture. It should disappear with the rest of the info. Wish I could edit my posts so I don't have to keep adding links but here it is
http://rapidshare.com/files/95826307/aeonmod.rar.html

@nick888
I don't think you are giving the now playing panel enough time. If you keep watching it displays album, artist and song name.
Excellent. Very appreciative of your extra work. You were right, now playing info cycles on the left.
I thought it was supposed to be

Now Playing: Artist - Song 1.21/3.49

but now I see.
Guess I should have added Watched/Unwatched to both movies AND tvshows Blush That is what i get for coding in a hurry. I will add the appropriate code and get it up on rapidshare when i get a chance.
The watched/unwatched button now appears in movies AND in tvshows only at the episode level. I was planning on having it available at the season level as well but it seems that even if all the episodes in a season have been marked as watched the season still shows up. If there is a work around I would be willing to add that.

http://rapidshare.com/files/96002921/aeo...1.rar.html
Nice job on the modBig Grin

The poster wall view is nice (in Movie Library view) but can only move icon around every 30 sec...very slooow!! It is better in the Music Library view..I guess due to less icons on the screen at the same time..I have 128 meg memory..Tried to change icon cache to 364 and then 512...didn't help...

Keep up the good work...
Hi,

Thanks for this mod.

I just have some thoughts about the Poster wall:
When the focus is set on the uper row (row 1) or the lower rower (row 3):
- I think that too much of the row 2 is hidden and don't find this very beautifull.
- We can not know what will come after if we are in row 3 and go down or if we are in row 1 and go up.

There ore I would like to know if it would be possible to have the focuss always in row 2 and move the whole wall up and down instead of moving the focus row. Of course this will result in having a first empty row 1 and at the end of the icons a last empty row in row 3

To avoid those empty rows, can we imagine:
- to have focus on row 1 only for the first icons
- have focus in row 2 with scrolling up and down of the whole wall for the icons in the middle
- have focus in row 3 only for the last row of icons ?

I have no idea how difficult it would be to implement this but I think that this might improve the Poster wall experience.

Regards,

Eric
Personally, I am quite happy with the action/movement of the posterwall. djh put in a lot of time experimenting with different things, many of which you suggested. Wall views are just hard to work with. The scheme he used was his best and final solution, the scheme I used was mine. Between the two you should be able to find something that suits your needs. The only thing really *negotiable* is i might shrink the size of the focused items so that the info popup can be used and perhaps it will cut down on memory issues on the xbox. If i do change the sizes though it will probably not be for a while. I am running desperately low on free time at the moment. Cheers.
@ Rand al Thor - Brilliant brilliant mod thanks for your time and effort, really appreciate the effort..

Shane
@shanedoyle
Are you running on the xbox or linux/osx? Like i mentioned before I am interested in seeing how the wall performs on the xbox. Thanks for the kind words.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AEON Skin Mods/Themes (unofficial modifications to the AEON skin)0