• 1(current)
AEON Skin Mods/Themes (unofficial modifications to the AEON skin)
At the suggestion of Jezz x I started a new thread to keep up with the mod I am working on. Here are some screenshots of a glass border around the poster wall I have been working on.

I think this is a little more along the lines of the rest of Aeon. Any thoughts?
This is much better.

Can't wait to test your mod.

Eric
Rand,

Just for your information:
I notice that you have a lot of Kids movies aside of your "adult" movie.
I had the same and didn't like it so I choose for following solution:

- Place the kids movies is a separate folder
- Rename the CLIPS section from AEON to KIDS and place there all my kids movies.
- Remove the kids movies from the database and just manualy associate an icon for each kids movie (kidsmoviename.tbn)

My kids really enjoy it !
much much better yes..

really looking forward to this.. Need some music views asap Smile

when can we expect a release?
Very nice!

If you keep it 7 across, with up and down scrolling (no side to side scrolling), count me in. Then all you need is an info screen for when I push the "info" button on my remote (including the awesome new "trailer" button).

Also, I like to "Hide Parent Folder Items" to get rid of that ugly gray box w/arrow.

Do the same for Music, and I've pretty much got everything I want/need from this skin Big Grin
Lookin' good! Big Grin
@ewaterke
That sounds like a good plan. Although i must admit I watch the kids movies too. Thanks for the tip though.

@jazzen
So far I have a music wall that functions this same way, i just need to make an glass border for it now. I am also planning on putting some of skunkmonkee's old music views in it as well.

@NotShorty
I am keeping 7 across with up down scrolling because it seems natural for me. I already have a working info screen and I am planning on adding the trailer button today and possibly cast photos depending on how motivated i feel.

@skunkm0nkee

Thanks for the kind words. I feel like I should be thanking you though. All of my stuff is based on your mods. Thanks for giving me such great code to work with.
Damn can't edit my post:

Oh yeah. Jezz-x had mentioned he thought the aspect on my posters was off. I know the unfocused items are maybe a little distorted because i am trying to squeeze exactly 7 across and 3 down so they fill the entire screen without gaps. However I tried to get the focused view as close to normal as possible. Am I just in need of glasses? How does everyone feel. Do the posters look really distorted? I am having a little trouble with the fact that the resolution of Aeon code is actually 720x576 PAL16x9 instead of 1280x720. I don't think the pixels are proportioned 1:1 either. It was quite a headache to get it to the point it is at right now considering my entire career skinning started less than a week ago. If the posters are really off perhaps someone with more experience, say skunkm0nkee or Jezz-x, could look at my code and tell me where my mistake is that would be great! Cheers.
It's beautiful, I especially like the glass outline. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I'm kind of torn though on one issue. I can't decide if I like the idea of having to push info to get info for each show or having having the info show up like it does when you focus on a item for a second or two from DJH's version.

I'm assuming your plan is to have no info until you push the info button?

Thanks again
Jim G
Yep that is my plan. I think adding the info after wait period would make the view to similar to DJH's orginal. This might be just me but when i browse by just posters i pretty much know what the movie I'm looking for looks like. So the the only time I would really need any info would be something like the cast list or something like that. That info would be too difficult to have in popup window. Just my thoughts on the issue mind you. So, you don't feel that the Posters aspects are too distorted?
Yup, your unfocused icons are out of proportion, though your focused one seems fine. One-sheet movie posters are thinner than DVD covers, remember.
Sweet Wink I can live with the unfocused items being a little off. Thanks for the great skin DJH. I would be proud to have my mod hosted in your mods section if you allow it. Cheers.
Shots of the tv banner locations. I also used the diffuse effect that I borrowed from PMIII to make them blend better with the back grounds. As it is right now they slide in from the right and go all the way across the screen. It is a neat effect but I don't know if I should just take it out completely. Any opinions?

Info screen with added trailers button. It's really just skunkmonkee's screen with a new button.
looking very nice indeed. I cant wait until Aeon is a complete skin and there are mods like these for different preferences.
Hmmm, the unfocused posters are a tad "short and fat" I guess. Maybe allow the top and bottom rows to run slightly offscreen so aspect ratios are maintained. I mean, the focused poster is gonna look good anyway, right?

jimg; of course it's all personal preference, but IMO, my posters give me a pretty dang good idea of what movie is selected. The downside to the pop-up info in djh's original was no plot/cast info, and no IMDB ratings (a huge drawback for me). Pushing the info button is just fine for me.

This mod seems to be headed in the right direction, keep up the good work :cool2:
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AEON Skin Mods/Themes (unofficial modifications to the AEON skin)0