playback Flac "too many consecutive items"
When i try to play flac files (over the Lan or local) i get the error:
"too many consecutive items" Even if i try to play a singe .flac file.

I thought that .flac files already worked?
t029248 Wrote:When i try to play flac files (over the Lan or local) i get the error:
"too many consecutive items" Even if i try to play a singe .flac file.

I thought that .flac files already worked?

I have this same problem ONLY when I try to play the files in the "Library" mode. When playing them normally from the file browser, they play fine. This also happens with my Apple Lossless files.
rickeo Wrote:I have this same problem ONLY when I try to play the files in the "Library" mode. When playing them normally from the file browser, they play fine. This also happens with my Apple Lossless files.
I have the same problem, even with Library mode disabled.. Had it since he first version (0.1), could it be a setting somewhere ?
carlos Wrote:I have the same problem, even with Library mode disabled.. Had it since he first version (0.1), could it be a setting somewhere ?

Still the same issues with the newest release: 'too many consecutive items'. Any1 else got this prob, don't read too much about it ?
How many FLAC files are you trying to play? Please describe exactly what you're doing.
"Too many consecutive items" indicates that 100 files in a row in a playlist could not be played (either by failing at opening, or failing due to codec issues).

This indicates to me that there's probably an issue with the FLAC codec, and further suggests that no FLAC files will play.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I also get "Too many consecutive items" when I try to start up Flac music.
CosyCat Wrote:I also get "Too many consecutive items" when I try to start up Flac music.

I played a single Flac file and it played perfectly. Post your xbmc.log to Pastie and post a link.
elan Wrote:I played a single Flac file and it played perfectly. Post your xbmc.log to Pastie and post a link.

I'm having the problem on both my Mac Mini and my Macbook pro, the log file included is from my Macbook pro: It's a fresh install, made no changes to the configuration.. Tried a couple of random FLAC files, all give the same message..

http://pastebin.com/m352b3635

Guess it concerns the following part:
Quote:13:12:05 T:2691030944 M:929533952 DEBUG: new file set audiostream:0
13:12:05 T:2691030944 M:929533952 DEBUG: CPlayerCoreFactor::GetPlayers(/Users/carlos/Music/02 - Nine million bicycles.flac)
13:12:05 T:2691030944 M:928804864 DEBUG: Loading: /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/system/players/paplayer/libFLAC-osx.so
13:12:05 T:2691030944 M:928804864 ERROR: Unable to load /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/system/players/paplayer/libFLAC-osx.so, reason: dlopen(/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/
system/players/paplayer/libFLAC-osx.so, 1): Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libogg.0.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/system/players/paplayer/libFLAC-osx.so
Reason: image not found
13:12:05 T:2691030944 M:928804864 ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file /Users/carlos/Music/02 - Nine million bicycles.flac
13:12:05 T:2691030944 M:929513472 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 1, path [/Users/carlos/Music/02 - Nine million bicycles.flac]
13:12:05 T:2691030944 M:929513472 DEBUG: Playlist Player: too many consecutive failures... aborting playback
Perfect, that explains everything! Will be fixed in the next go around.

Thanks,

-elan
elan Wrote:Perfect, that explains everything! Will be fixed in the next go around.

Thanks,

-elan

Great ! Thanks !
Hi all,

I was experiencing this problem too and have managed to implement a temporary workaround to enable me to play FLAC (which is most of my library).

For anyone that's intersted in getting FLAC files to play until the next release here's what I did :

1. Looking at Carlos's log, it seems that XBMC is looking to load a library from Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libogg.0.dylib (probably an old linux reference since /opt does not exist by default on OSX I think)

2. Make the directory /opt/local/lib from the terminal if it does not exist on your system. (mkdir /opt/local/lib)

3. You'll find that the the library libogg.0.dylib can be found inside XMBX.app/Contents/Frameworks. Copy this file from here to the directory you created in step 2 using the terminal. (cp /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Frameworks/libogg.0.dylib /opt/local/lib)

4. Try playing a FLAC file and enjoy yummy FLAC loslessness.

Hope this is helpful for someone. Disclaimer : it worked for me, YMMV. Big Grin

Spiderlane
and yet again, all it took was for somebody to look at the log. now imagine if the first person posting had followed procedures - you'd all had flac weeks ago.
</rant>
markelane Wrote:Hi all,

2. Make the directory /opt/local/lib from the terminal if it does not exist on your system. (mkdir /opt/local/lib)

Spiderlane

Ooops, this is the last of the mkdir commands. Should have been preceded by

mkdir /opt
mkdir /opt/local/

Sorry.
Spiderlane
or use mkdir -p /opt/local/lib

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
playback Flac "too many consecutive items"0