Q to Devs: Primary Leia Goals?
Hello,

I did a few searches like "Leia Goals" and "Leia Plans" but I'm sure I missed a relevant thread if there is an existing one.

I like to monitor Github to see what I can learn from dev discussion etc, and a lot of it makes sense, but it's not a good way to see a concise set of overall goals.

To the point: What are the major goals, under the hood and otherwise, that the dev team is hoping to see finalized in the release build of 18.0 next year, barring unforeseen circumstances? (I'm obviously just an EU, but don't be afraid to use your own terminology if necessary - I can Google.)

If this is already laid out in a more concise fashion than what I can see on Github, feel free to save yourself some time and link me.

Thanks for all you do - Kodi has completely changed the way that I watch TV over the past year. I love it.

Alex
Our current goal is to have beer (or lots of beer) during our devcon. Maybe during that we'll also find a moment to see what we're going to do with v18
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
World domination, sell to (insert evil corporation name), become a millionaire, enjoy margaritas rest of life. Not necessarily in that order... Wink
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
<?xml version="1.0"encoding="UTF-8"?>
<beer>
<beer category="ipa">
<title lang="en">Electronic IPA Crunk</title>
<price>Free</price>
</beer category>
<ingredients>
<ingredient1 amount="bout right">hops</ingredient1>
<ingredient2 amount="shitton">alcohol</ingredient2>
</beer>
</xml>

Alex
I think if you can figure out how to make that work....

1. Beer Software
2. ?
3. Profit
Since I've only been around after Jarvis, I don't know the cycle so well yet, but a conference makes sense. BTW, is it just me or was starting with Krypton Betas / Krypton in general a really good time to jump into the world of Kodi?
It's always a good time to start with Kodi. At least from our perspective. Wink

Main Leia goals:
- Refactoring and code cleanup
- Retroplayer
- Some more refactoring
- Windows x64
- More refactoring
- etc.
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Well the reason I say that might just partly be that I think Estuary is so so so superior to Confluence. But I realize that's just the clothes that Kodi is wearing basically.

So behind the scenes code cleanup, emulators, and 64 bit Windows.

Question: With DTS-HD MA kind of heaping DTS:X on top of it, and Dolby finally getting around to the "core" idea by grouping Atmos with TrueHD, is Kodi already passing through the newer formats?

Considering a new AVR in the near future...
I'm specifically referring to scenarios where passthrough is turned on and you're not using ffmpeg to do software decoding.
AFAIK we depend on ffmpeg support for these HD formats for proper PT
We have been doing passthrough of DTS:X and Atmos since they became available since they merely build on the existing codes.
^^^^^ THANK YOU. I had a feeling that Atmos was at least *remotely* similar to the concept behind DTS-HD MA having the DCA core.

This maybe a completely ignorant guess, because I truly don't know the reasons, but up until 2016-2017, you all MAY have noticed that there was someone dominating the poo out the home movie audio soundtrack market. My guess is because the "Core" concept made it simply work with more devices without even having to go into a menu to change from TrueHD to AC3, if the disc happened to have an AC3 track.

Hence - the similarity moving forward -- two tracks, always!:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Q to Devs: Primary Leia Goals?0