Kodi resolution issue
I have a huge resolution problem, with huge I mean I litterly cannot fix this.

with the DESKTOP resolution or the highest listed resolution which is 1920x1080i I am missing a little bit of kodi on all edges.

If I take a smaller resolution so it does fit, my screen goes spacing every 10~15 seconds. It goes black, flashes purple, goes black again and than goes back to 'normal'. I would not want to have this reso anyways cuz it looks like garbage.
I have tried the video calibration thingi in the advanced settings. But that does not effect the menu size at all.

I suppose I need to do change something in a config.txt somewhere, but I do not know howto. Can somebody help me out?

The Tv is an Mt logic TFT 3264HD, I'm using a Rpi 3 with latest Raspian, and I sudo apt-get installed kodi.
Your TV has a native resolution of 1920x1080?

Does anything happen if you leave your Resolution at 1920x1080p and increase your GUI Resolution to 1080? (Strange, I don't have this setting. Must be a Rpi thing)

What are your graphics drivers set to?
My rpi is set at CMA mode 3 that is 1280x720 @ 60Hz
The only listed alternatives are 640x480, 720x480 and 720x576 which is garbage, garbage and garbage.

I am also prompted to use DMT mode, that also gives me another inbetween resolution option but my raspberry goes spacing like I described in the OP.

The available settings are always depended on which display you plug in the HMDI port.

The pixel desktop is OK I think I am missing 2millimeters on the left and right but that is not significant.

Kodi is just larger than my destop. I do not know anything about graphic drivers or where I can find what related files. I only know that I have done no manual changes to it.
I believe you need to do the video calibration for each screen resolution i.e. both the menu "desktop" resolution and the movie resolution your tv displays.

I have the same problem and this is what my investigation found but i haven't bothered to try it yet.
Yeah but the problem is that I cannot get the menu resolution right. I have not even tried to play videos yet. And I do not know in which folder I can find the config.txt
Well I fixed the problem. In the screen calibration thingi, there are 2 arrows on the top left and bottem right corner whith which you can adjust the screen. With my prefered reso these were not visable. I noticed their presence when I set a smaller resolution.
probably you could also look at the TV settings if the TV has something like "PC-mode". Normally nearly any LCD TV is able to display it's pixels natively. Sure, if it doesn't have the option to use the "PC-mode" you can't do anything beside using Kodis calibration-option. But if it has, you would see the native pixels which are available.

By using Kodis calibration, you will lost resolution. At least in a bit.
I am not sure what brand your TV is, but it looks like you have over-scanning enabled on your TV for the HDMI input.

If you go into your TV settings menu and check the Aspect Ratio some TVs call it different things.
  • If it is called Over-scan --> Turn it off
  • If you have different aspect ratios such as 4:3 16:9 or 1:1, select 1:1.

Check your TV manual and settings menu. The setting will be there somewhere.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi resolution issue0