"KODI" magazine on sale in the UK via Dennis publishing
(2017-05-09, 19:23)invisable Wrote:
(2017-05-09, 18:33)trogggy Wrote: How does a French law make it 'especially' possible there would be a legal investigation in the uk?
Fair enough, I jumped the gun, we are still part of the European Union for the time being Wink
I'm sure they would have already been aware of the French case you mentioned earlier, they have also recently been successful in their case involving the right to block live streams of their channels which they are obviously paying a team of people to monitor these sites.
I'd guess sticking links to actual live streams in a mag (not that you would) would fall under the same 'communication to the public' umbrella as the recent (Dutch?) case. General 'install this, do this, click the link' wouldn't. French law is more or less irrelevant in the uk though (as opposed to eu law) so the case quoted earlier really doesn't apply.
Quote:
Quote:Ask the Premier League if they're glad they went to court over the pub showing games on a Greek satellite channel.
I remember that case. Smile To be honest I don't expect it hurt them other than their pride, but again I'm sure they would have been aware of the possible loss, but yet they still tried. Am I right in thinking the case would be very different if the UK wasn't part of the EU.
Absolutely. It was european law that it hinged on. IIRC the principle was that services had to be available across the eu. Or something like that. The same principle that's getting rid of roaming charges.
Quote:troggy is this your line of work ?[/url])
Strictly an interested amateur.
My local Sainsburys only had the Web User mag and I had a quick look at the article they had and it had a disclaimer about them not wanting to tell you how to break the law.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
"A British magazine is directing readers to copyright-infringing software, the Federation Against Copyright Theft (Fact) has said."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40670015
Any Brit should pick this mag up and have a look. Obviously don't pay for it, just read it in the store.

It is comical as it shows how fast the pirate world falls apart. So much of the information in the magazine now won't work - especially with the collapse of TVbAddons.

How any print magazine thought they could keep up with ever changing dodgy sites is weird. As to actually publishing something that flouts the law like that is even more bizarre. It would be like publishing a motoring magazine and with tips on how to avoid the police and speed cameras. Or publishing magazine on growing skunk weed.

Something strange must have happened to the decision makes at Dennis Magazines
With Kodi being popular, I'm sure that Dennis Publishing, like many other will seek to capitalise on this and I've no doubt that it will have sold well.

At the time of publication I'm not entirely sure if the EU had made a definitive ruling on the legality of streaming.

And now that some of the dodgy addon sites have vanished, the content that is in there may perhaps no longer be deemed as flouting the law as if the links do not exist then there is no law to break.

This might explain both the stockist W.H Smith stating that they had no plans to withdraw the magazine from sale and the fact that the Police have not immediately arrested anybody at either publisher or stockist.

They are simply making enquiries.

Although Kieron Sharp, chief executive of Fact, isn't exactly the paragon of virtue when it seems clear that individuals are pounced upon immediately but the larger business's that have and are still to some degree aiding and abetting are completely ignored.

What really surprises me with all this concern about copyright theft is the nation that creates such a lot of it, the USA, seems almost quiet on the matter, when you would expect the entertainment industries there to be the most active in defeating the theft of their material.
http://www.dennis.co.uk/brands/

It looks like it has been dropped.
Its actually a good read 17.1 they are using for the tutorials although a few things are outdated other things like best VPNs to use and how to do it and lots of info on hardware etc look ok for the beginner which i think its aimed at.

Was going to post a screen shot but think it would be removed here as it lists all the illegal add-ons under the heading "best kodi add-ons"
also shows you how to watch uk stuff abroad and usa stuff here

All stuff we know but as i say aimed for the beginner i would say and by the way its still on sale i only bought it after reading about it on the BBC just to be nosey basically

edit if any of the kodi developers want screenshots just drop me a pm as i dont want to put anything dodgy in an open forum
I would like to burn one of these magazines at kodi devcon and post that on youtube.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Although it seems Webuser may have dropped that particular magazine, it will be interesting to see if they mention kodi and 3rd party addons again in their upcoming monthly publications.

Their May 2017 (which instructs users how to install addons and builds etc) can still be got hold of in the UK and online copy's are available on various mobile apps.
G-ELL - Thanks for your help I will try that for sure because it isint marked. I must have ment the cam angle sensor because it is just in front of the TB.

TT-Angel - Are you still interested in making some money? P.M. me

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"KODI" magazine on sale in the UK via Dennis publishing0