Framerate Conversion - Any way to change the refresh-rate in XBMC?
Hy,
I currently have a normal Windows XP Setup as HTPC for playing back mainly High Def Material ...which mostly has 24 Frames per Sec. As my Display does 60hz...I use Reclock for Frameratevoncersion. It multiplies the 24 Frames with 2.5 which results in smooth 60 Frames Playback.
I'd rather use my Macbook for it though..and if xbmc works out fine on the Appleplatform I might get a mac-mini or appletv or something like that just replace my xbox with xbmc..which I still love!!

Will there be a kind of reclock tool integrated in xbmc?

THX
Saschman
hmmm nobody?

Is it possible with the Linux Version of XBMC?

BR
Saschman
Great question. In the latest version, full-screen uses whatever resolution/refresh rate you have configured with OS X/SwitchRes/whatever. Eventually we'll allow mode changing from within XBMC itself on OS X.
I'm running XBMC at 1080p at PAL refresh rates (100Hz) on my Panasonic plasma.

I noticed that there doesn't appear to be a difference when the Framerate Conversion option is set to "None" or set to "Play NTSC videos at PAL rates".

I've looked quite carefully and in both cases, the video appears to have (an extremely small amount of) judder. Audio and sync appears to be fine.

What effect is there when this option is set? I've done a comparison with playback in Front Row with Perian and there is less apparent judder with the framerate conversion.

Thanks!
thanks alot..that lets me hope xbmc will be the ultimate solution!!

Is there any reclock Tool for OSX or maybe also for linux? It's the only reason I'm stinkin with Windows for my HTPC.

THX
Saschman
Thanks for moving my post Elan. Auto switching of the refresh rate depending on the source file would be great!

I hadn't heard of reclock up until now. Unfortunately 'reclock' for ffmpeg doesn't seem to exist (it was on the wish list for Google's Summer of Code 2007).

However, since many recent monitors/televisions support both PAL and NTSC refresh rates, what Elan mentioned would have the similar effect for those with a compatible display Big Grin
Is there a way to set a MacBook to run in 24hz or 48hz for smooth HDplayback.
I can only set it to 50 or 60hz. I want to hook up my MacBook to my projector in 24hz.

Can a MacMini output 24hz to a proj or TV?
Hy,
mine does 50 and 60hz as well..but not 24p or 48hz...

So a framerateconversion would be great!
Have you tried SwitchRes? That should allow you to set your display refresh rate to all sorts of exotic values.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Framerate Conversion - Any way to change the refresh-rate in XBMC?0