Can't login to forums.
I recently reinstalled Windows on my laptop and desktop computer at home. Ever since then I can't login to the forums on either computer. I enter my username (RockDawg) and password and I'm taken to a screen that says "Thank you for loggin in, RockDawg" (or something like that), but then it takes to the forum list page and it still shows I'm not logged in. As a test I created a second account and after clicking on the link in the confirmation email I was logged in under the new name just fine. Once I logged out and tried to log back in, the exact same scenario I describe above happens. Can anyone help me get logged back in?

P.S. I'm currently accessing through my work comp which I stay logged in as RockDawg.
are you using the new url? (xbmc.org)
RockDawg Wrote:I recently reinstalled Windows on my laptop and desktop computer at home. Ever since then I can't login to the forums on either computer. I enter my username (RockDawg) and password and I'm taken to a screen that says "Thank you for loggin in, RockDawg" (or something like that), but then it takes to the forum list page and it still shows I'm not logged in. As a test I created a second account and after clicking on the link in the confirmation email I was logged in under the new name just fine. Once I logged out and tried to log back in, the exact same scenario I describe above happens. Can anyone help me get logged back in?

P.S. I'm currently accessing through my work comp which I stay logged in as RockDawg.

Had the exact same problem and it was because I wasn't going to the new url.
Thanks guys. I'm not really sure about whcihc URL I'm using. I'll check when i get home.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=31189
pike Wrote:Problem 1: Since we switched main domain to XBMC.ORG you need to use XBMC.ORG to access forum for login cookie to work properly

Problem 2: New user and can't post ? Did you receive an email from our forum that you MUST respond to in order to ACTIVATE your account? You're probably using a HOTMAIL.* email account also right ? This is the problem, we're not sure wtf hotmail is doing, but it's not delivering that email to you.
Solution: You need to change your email adress. Goto your USER CP and then Edit Email & Password.
Enter your existing password once, then enter the new email (non hotmail) 2 times before continuing.
You will be notified that a new verification email has been dispatched.

Here's the message you get when you signup:
Quote:Thank you for registering, USERNAME. An email has been dispatched to [email protected] with details on how to activate your account. Click here to return to where you were previously.

You will receive an email in your inbox. You MUST follow the link in that email before you can post on these forums. Until you do that, you will be told that you do not have permission to post.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't login to forums.0