Where are the XML files to edit?
So i'm trying to edit the XML files for XBMC, but I don't see any XBMC folder under Application Support. Anywhere else where they could be? Doing a search doesn't bring them up either...
XBMC for any other platform, and I presume for XBMC on OSX does not require you to manually edit any XML files unless you are after advanced settings.

Which file(s) are you wanting to edit, and why?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

It's not as much editing , as it is making sure I don't have a problem here.

In the 0.1.1 release, elan said that "user data and profiles are accessed at ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC", and this folder doesn't exist on my computer. I've used the files before to reset things like resolution changes that resulted in text not showing properly, and now that I don't see the files, I'm getting a little worried.
Currently you need to control click the XBMC and choose "Show Package Contents" Then you can browse to the xml files. contents-resources-xmbc-userdata.
gripworks Wrote:Currently you need to control click the XBMC and choose "Show Package Contents" Then you can browse to the xml files. contents-resources-XBMC-userdata.

Oh, ok then. Sorry about that, I was going off of Elan's notes on his 0.1.1 release.

However, when I navigate to that folder, the only xml I have there is keymap.xml. Is this correct? If so, where is settings.xml?

Thanks
I'll love to know where the settings.xml is located as well.
~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/UserData/AdvancedSettings.xml
~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/guisettings.xml

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where are the XML files to edit?0