ASP command to call up indiviual lines of a list?
When calling for the "music" (e.g. http://xbox/default.asp?Action=music menu) and then calling for a specific line, is there any way to ask for the information for lines 0 through 9 and then lines 10 through 19 and so on? In other words, currently if you call for "line=3" and that line is "Artists" it will send back as many lines as you have artists for you to scroll through. I'm trying to display this on a touch panel that won't permit a scrolling table like the web server but will allow about 10 lines to populate. I won't have any problem parsing the data to each line but would really like to reduce the amount of data coming back if at all possible. Does anyone have any idea if this is possible with the current layout?
Nobody has any clue about this? Or is my question maybe confusing?
You should probably haved posted in the HTTP API thread for this to have gotten noticed earlier:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=8760
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I guess I can post it there. To be honest, I started my own thread because that thread doesn't seem to get looked at. The last question I posted there never got answered. It only got answered because I PMd someone and asked if they could look into it for me. I didn't want to bother him again, so I posted it here so it would be seen. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.
nad (a Team-XBMC developer) is the creator of the HTTP API and he tries to checkup on that topic-thread as often as he can.

You have to understand and remember that XBMC is a hobby project.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Gamester17 Wrote:You have to understand and remember that XBMC is a hobby project.

I totally do understand that, that's why I didn't want to bother nad with another question. I thought maybe someone else might know and would chime in. I thanked nad very much for the help he gave me and trust me, I do appreciate it.
Hi smcnally: I don't mind being PM'd but as you said if you want a prompt response it may be easier to throw the query open to all.

As far as your query, I'll have to check. I don't use that interface myself and may require a bit of dusting down. If you were using the httpapi interface you wouldn't be able to do what you are after; you would have to accept the whole list and then split the list up locally yourself. Having said that, I would have thought that was the better approach, in that it would be more responsive to the end user. Otherwise next_page and prev_page will require roundtrips to XBMC. Each trip to XBMC would require the generation of the entire list (time consuming and resource heavy) before splitting the list into the chunk you are after.

Hi nad, thanks for looking into this for me. I was thinking of having it pull the entire list and then have the touch panel processor grab 10 lines and then grab the next 10 lines with a page down command but I was trying to avoid an enormous amount of info coming into the processor if at all possible. If asking for specific menu lines isn't possible with the way it is currently setup, I wonder if I can pull the database file and have my program pull off of that instead. I'll have to look into that this weekend...that may also be a possibility.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASP command to call up indiviual lines of a list?0