Full screen on external monitor?
i am trying to output osxbmc onto my TV which is connected to my imac via DVI>HDMI cable.

if i select "mirror displays" on apple, then "1680x1050 (fullscreen)" on xbmc it will show fullscreen on both screens.

but what if i DONT want mirrored mode? i dont see any other full screen choices except the first one, which causes problems on both displays if selected in this mode.

also...if my TV is capable of handling 1080i, how can i select that mode for screen size, and still make it fullscreen? when i select it, it just goes to windowed mode.
desabled mirror mode
launch XBMC go to setting and appearance
choose screen section
and you can choose second display (#2) then test resolution
ok...didnt realize i needed to reboot.
so now i have 2 options.
the second option is "1920x1080 (fullscreen #2)" and it does work...but problems:

1. everything gets smushed to the top half of the screen.
2. when i press play, it exits into a windowed mode on imac screen showing the video instead of inside the fullscreen window on second screen
Make sure the Resolution setting in your video player configuration is set to "Best available". That will make video play in the same mode as the GUI. As to the squished interface, no clue why you're getting it.

-elan
I have this problem too. My second monitor is set to display 1080i (1920x1080 interlaced). It was working fine in version 0.1.2, but this problem appeared for me in 0.1.4 (didn't try the version between).

The splash at startup is the right size, but the menu and videos are shrunken at the top.
I get the same problem if I set my 2nd monitor/TV to 1280x720 (progressive), so I doubt it's an interlacing issue. I too am using a DVI->HDMI cable.
When I enter the Video Calibration screen, it appears to be the right size, just like the splash screen.
Have you deleting ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC and then try it again?
Make sure:

* Displays are not set to mirrored.
* Video player resolution is set to "Best Available"

Try setting screen settings to full screen #1 and #2 and see how it works.

-elan
mine started working once i used the best available mode. thanks
mtehonica Wrote:Have you deleting ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC and then try it again?

Sorry for not replying sooner but that did the trick for me, thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full screen on external monitor?0