cmd + Tab ?!
Hi

@elan

when I use XBMC on external screen, CMD + TAB doesn't work : / can you fix this ?

thx
Also see my post below on Spaces and expose, basically once XBMC goes full screen anywhere you are locked in to it until you shut it down.
No swapping to other apps.
Isn't this the correct way to behave in fullscreen mode? Similar to what Front Row does?
Albo Wrote:Isn't this the correct way to behave in fullscreen mode? Similar to what Front Row does?

Man, I was hoping someone would say that Smile
FYI; that is what Microsoft Windows Media Center Edition does when you run MCE as well (under Microsoft Windows). Same with MediaPortal and MeediOS media-center, (again, both for Microsoft Windows but it does still make the point how a real media-center application behaves, ...which is to say; not the same as a normal stand-alone software application which runs windowed).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I would say : 2 monitors, 1 with XBMC in fullscreen , and in secondary I can use other apps with other monitor but cmd+tab doesn't work ...

I don't know if you understand in this way ?
Question 
Albo Wrote:Isn't this the correct way to behave in fullscreen mode? Similar to what Front Row does?

Perhaps it is historically how it's been done, BUT, leopard has Spaces and is it really a big deal to want to use them to the full extent.

Like I said in my post, I can Parallels XP in a 'full screen' space. ie, when I flick to the allocated XP "Space" it goes full screen but I can simply squeeze my mighty mouse and all 9 screens re-appear for a fast app switch without having to exit the full screen program.

For example, bear with me, envisioning a future use, you are watching a movie fullscreen on your 50" OLED connected to MAC mini, a small growl icon flashes in the bottom right of your screen (notifying you of an important email you've been waiting for), you pause the (Fullscreen) movie, click your alocated spaces button on the remote( or CTRL-TAB...whatever) and you can go to Mail and then return to your paused movie when you've finished.

As it is now, you have to shutdown XBMC to check anything else on the Mac if you are using Fullscreen mode.

So, do we want to stay stuck in the traditional "mediaCenter" square or should we be pushing boundaries and creating the first ever REAL PCTV app?

After all, if we always stuck to 'how things are done' we'd be typing these messages from caves on pieces of slate Wink

Elan, please don't see this as a criticism, I stand in awe of your phenomenal achievements in such a small time. I just believe this OSXBMC can become so much more than simply XBMC.

regards
Pete
I've noted this post and added an entry to my TODO list. I agree with the "let's kick ass and go above and beyond what exists". There is a matter of prioritization, and I really think it's important to get the basic stuff (Apple Remote, Python, etc.) working well before we venture out in this new stuff. As such I can't say when I'll get around to working on it, but I did note it down Smile

NOTE: You can hit the '\' key to quickly switch back to windowed mode. D4rk added support for that and it serve your purposes until we can do cool stuff with CMD-TAB/Spaces.

-elan
Thanks Elan,

I agree, the basic stuff is indeed the priority as the ideas I put forward are certainly non-urgent! But thanks for adding them to your wish list.

Also thanks for the / shortcut, it will be of much help!

Regards
Pete
elan Wrote:I've noted this post and added an entry to my TODO list. I agree with the "let's kick ass and go above and beyond what exists". There is a matter of prioritization, and I really think it's important to get the basic stuff (Apple Remote, Python, etc.) working well before we venture out in this new stuff. As such I can't say when I'll get around to working on it, but I did note it down Smile

NOTE: You can hit the '\' key to quickly switch back to windowed mode. D4rk added support for that and it serve your purposes until we can do cool stuff with CMD-TAB/Spaces.

-elan

I donated a few bucks to say thanks for all the hard work.

I'll send more once I'm actually using it in my yet to be purchased Mini Wink
Hi!

Got to test my dual screen the first time today, sweeet =)
I agree with you, when having XBMC in full screen on sec. display can't get cmd+tab, exposé and spaces to work.

Adding this feature to XBMC and it would really kick ass!
My plan is to have xmbc running all the time on sec. display, and I really don't want to loose the exposé feature!

I will even donate for some beers after this is implemented just to get this moved up a little on the TODO list Wink , even if you should have gotten those bucks a long time ago!

Keep up the extremely nice & good & cool & awesome work!
just wondering since we're at a 0.4.5 release with 0.5 soon to follow any chance we'll see this spaces utilization with xbmc? xbmc is being under utilized for me, despite how much i love it, just because sometimes its jsut too much of a hassle starting u xbmc and playing a file after im done doing whatever on the computer. would be awesome to switch to my XBMC always on and fullscreened mode at the click of a button.
Keep checking the road map (http://dn-0.com/xbmc-trac/roadmap). From what I can see I wouldn't expect to see such integrated OS X features until around version 1.0 since there are still plenty of internal issues in XBMC that still don't work. At the rate Elan codes we should hit 1.0 in a week or two Wink
I agree that it would be really, really nice to be able to have a movie on one screen and say, my instant messenger on the other. Does XMBC require locking the mouse or keyboard for some reason?

I don't particularly care so much about expose or spaces, just the ability to use another application while XMBC is full screen in one monitor and not another.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cmd + Tab ?!0