Default stacking expressions - what do YOU use to stack your movies?
dteirney Wrote:What are the current rules for stacking? It wasn't clear in http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Stacking as it just seemed to mention what you could change it to in AdvancedSettings.xml if you wanted to.

Found them at http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...tacking.3E. I'm assuming they are up-to-date as some quick tests don't match the file naming convention I'm using.

I'm using the following in the AdvancedSettings.xml file to match a naming convention that looks like
Weekend at Bernies 2 - 1.avi
Weekend at Bernies 2 - 2.avi

[HTML]
<moviestacking append="yes">
<!-- To deal with my Moviename - n naming convention -->
<regexp> *- *([0-9]+)$</regexp>
</moviestacking>
[/HTML]
dteirney Wrote:I'm using the following in the AdvancedSettings.xml file to match a naming convention that looks like
Weekend at Bernies 2 - 1.avi
Weekend at Bernies 2 - 2.avi

Should of known to test on the XBox first. The RegEx tester I was using wasn't using the right engine, and XBMC passes the whole filename (including the extension). The following works:

[HTML]<moviestacking append="yes">
<!-- To deal with my Movie - n naming convention -->
<regexp>[ ]*-[ ]*([0-9]+)</regexp>
</moviestacking>
[/HTML]

Looks like you have to manually remove the old library entries that are covered by the new stacking rules because I now have an additional entry in the library for each stacked movie. Clean Library didn't help to remove them.
Your new suggested defaults seem reasonable, to avoid default overstacking; especially since the user is free to add custom stacking rules to handle any personal preferences.

For example, I like to tag my multipart episodes with a "Part M of N" format, just to make it obvious if/when I've lost a piece; but to enable this, I have to override the default stacking (otherwise it takes precedence).
Code:
<moviestacking append="no">
  <regexp>[\s_\.-]+(?:cd|dvd|part|disc|pt)[\s_\.-]*([0-9a-d]+)[\s_\.-]*of*[\s_\.-]*[0-9a-d]+</regexp>
  <regexp>[\s_\.-]+(?:cd|dvd|part|disc|pt)[\s_\.-]*([0-9a-d]+)</regexp>
</moviestacking>
But seeing some of the other comments in this thread, I may start enclosing my multipart identifiers with some other characters to avoid accidental stacking.

I don't know if this has been pondered, but would it make sense to allow the user to "prepend" to the default stacking rules, rather than only having the option to overwrite or append?
allowing the user to have their custom ones prepended to the list is a good idea. the regexps are processed in order with the default ones taking precedence. Xbmc stops after it finds the first one that produces a match.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
kraqh3d Wrote:allowing the user to have their custom one prepended to the list is a good idea. the regexps are processed in order with the default ones taking precedence. Xbmc stops after it finds the first one that produces a match.
Yeah, I learned that through experience (though it should have been obvious in the first place), when my "yada - Part M of N.iso" multiparts were being displayed as "yada of N.iso."

I'd put my "M of N" handler regexp at the top of my custom REs, but failed to account for the defaults. Eek
Okay, here's a new one. I found last night that my copies of "21' and "300" were being stacked. Looks like I need a way to stack only consecutively named files. Anybody else having this prob?
Hmm I think you're getting trapped by this regexp:
()[^ _\.-]+([0-9]+)(\....)$

This means you have to have atleast one number preceeded by atleast one character which is NOT space or underscore or period or minus. I believe the leading folder separater slash is qualifying for that NOT clause. This should get changed.

Also, while I'm at it, we have two which require an extension (\....)$ on the end. This should be (\.....?)$ because some video extensions are four characters.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
These very same movies got stacked for me as well. I got around the problem by turning off stacking and manually looking up the info for each one each one (300.avi and 21.avi)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default stacking expressions - what do YOU use to stack your movies?0