Default stacking expressions - what do YOU use to stack your movies?
please reactive your sense of humor jezz Wink
I use MovieName - Part 1 or MovieName - Disc 1, if its a multidisc movie like lord of the rings
I just use 'The Mist-1', 'The Mist-2', but am thinking of using 'The Mist-cd1' and 'The Mist-cd2" instead since it makes more sense that way, and depending on the length of movie title anyway.
If Spiff is telling you to reactivate your sense of humor, that's saying a lot!! LOL
I like this idea, the current stacking scheme is far too wide and I don't usually use stacking because it usually has side-effects and ends up stacking movie sequels for example.

Truth be told 1 or 2 methods would be fine - and whatever they were i'd be happy to convert to what ever methods are being adopted.
I use Movie Name 13 - Cd1.avi just as many others.

But I've noticed that no matter wich release of T3CH's builds, or any others for that matter, of XBMC (and with fresh installations) I get that the stacking automaticlly turns off by itself every now and then.

A bit irritating.
wreezig Wrote:I use Movie Name 13 - Cd1.avi just as many others.

But I've noticed that no matter wich release of T3CH's builds, or any others for that matter, of XBMC (and with fresh installations) I get that the stacking automaticlly turns off by itself every now and then.

A bit irritating.

In my case its just the opposite. It turns itself on every now and then :p
Well, I'm gonna try deleting viewmodes*.db as mentioned in another thread, and see if that helps.
But it's obviously an issue with the stacking option then.
Transformers01.avi
Transformers02.avi

Who uses CDs to store stuff nowadays anyway ? I use DVDs Smile

Anyway the latest build does not work and freezes.
the problem is the part identifier can come not only at the end of the string:
name part 1
can be:
name part 1 (text)

That's a simple example. Still relatively easy to match these part identifiers in the middle as well.. The point is to not match what is not a part ID.
like 1/2, 1/3 is a part ID

I foresee some complications with these types of part ids with episodes from tv shows..
they usually use the mulitplication symbol though

The point is.. You can explicitly list out different part id's to match, and then take advantage of negative lookbehinds, positive lookaheads.. etc.. to make sure its not what you don't want... I think this is the best route.
Spread the knowledge, nothing else.Image
Show me some examples of strings that conflict with the part identifiers, like 01..1/3 etc..

Here is a simple examp:
(?P<start>.*?)(?P<part>(?:\d+/\d+|part\s*\d+\s*of\s*\d+|part\s*\d+/\d+|part\s*\d+))(?P<end>.*)

i modifier
s modifier
I wish I could edit posts Sad
This pattern matches most part string identifiers, except just plain numbers as that would be problematic, well it depends on the logic you use once you identify part identifiers.. This logic I don't know and you haven't shared..

It really depends on what you're doing.. Anways, it encompasses most examples provided in this thread:
(?:|[-\s\.])(?P<partStr>\d+/\d+|(?:part|cd|pt|disc|dvd)\s*\d+\s*of\s*\d+|(?:part|cd|pt|disc|dvd)\s*\d+/\d+|(?:part|cd|pt|disc|dvd)\s*\d+)(?:|[-\s\.])
With i modifier ON

Tested in PHP's PCRE engine (which for this pattern is verbatim syntax as python):
http://nancywalshee03.freehostia.com/reg...d=2bg4cytw
I use the same as what everyone else is using so no probs if ye wanna make a change.

e.g.

XXXX.cd1.avi
XXXX.cd2.avi
mappyman Wrote:Transformers01.avi
Transformers02.avi
I can tell you right away that naming files you do now will never be a default stacking expressions in XBMC, it just has to contain a hyphen, a space, a underscore, a dot, or some other [token character between the numbers and the movie-name in order for it to be a standard for stacking.

Today for example the accepted default [tokens] are one of the following strings:

"-" (hyphen)
" " (blank)
"_" (underscore)
"." (dot)

Followed by the string "cd", "part" or "dvd" (case insensitive).

Like for example:

Transformers-part1.avi (or Transformers part1.avi, or Transformers_part1.avi, or Transformers.part1.avi)
which is stacked with
Transformers-part2.avi (or Transformers part2.avi, or Transformers_part2.avi, or Transformers.part2.avi)

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Stacking
Just curious if this has heppend yet or not? Havent' noticed anythign in the changelogs.

I'm still having issues with movie sequels getting stacked and enxious for this Smile
Quote:Today for example the accepted default [tokens] are one of the following strings:

"-" (hyphen)
" " (blank)
"_" (underscore)
"." (dot)

What! You're telling me nobody on team xbmc can come up with an algorithim or regex pattern to handle real world situations? Like: "transformers01.avi" etc..
C'mon you can do better than that!

Also on cd, dvd, you should add: pt, title as well

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default stacking expressions - what do YOU use to stack your movies?0