Default stacking expressions - what do YOU use to stack your movies?
You should also change use \s to refer to spaces, because it is possible to use tabs in filenames as well.
Spread the knowledge, nothing else.Image
plex Wrote:What! You're telling me nobody on team xbmc can come up with an algorithim or regex pattern to handle real world situations? Like: "transformers01.avi" etc..
C'mon you can do better than that!

Also on cd, dvd, you should add: pt, title as well

Whats the difference between:

transformers01.avi, transformers01.avi
and
oceans11.avi, oceans12.avi, oceans13.avi

??
plex Wrote:What! You're telling me nobody on team xbmc can come up with an algorithim or regex pattern to handle real world situations? Like: "transformers01.avi" etc..
C'mon you can do better than that!

Also on cd, dvd, you should add: pt, title as well

Possible? Probably. However i think it would be alot easier and save a lot of time if you were just to change your filenaming scheme. As this thread has established, you are alone and most other people are using CD1, part1 dvd1 etc.
OK so I will change to use a scheme like:

transformers_01.avi
transformers_02.avi

Should be ok? Wink
I'm not sure if the devs will support that one either.
If I were you I would be safe and change them to include cd part or dvd. I'm not really sure why you dont want to do this as it would be invisible to you anyway once you enable stacking and it saves the confusion which agathorn talked about up there^^
where would the code that handles stacking be in SVN directory?
Also, what library and flavor do you run these regular expressions? Is it PCRE library with c++?
Default expressions are at the top of Settings.cpp

Stacking is done in CFileItemList::Stack().

And yes, we use PCRE.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Nick8888 Wrote:Possible? Probably. However i think it would be alot easier and save a lot of time if you were just to change your filenaming scheme. As this thread has established, you are alone and most other people are using CD1, part1 dvd1 etc.

I never said I used that naming scheme nick. Smile
I disagree with you fundamentally. Computers should conform to humans, not the other way around. There's also always room for improvement.

Well, it was challenging and I came up with something better, like what I was talking about. You can see a demonstration and learn about it here on this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=32221

And yes that's a good point agathorn, ocean 12, 13 are different movies and realistically should not be stacked. I figured out a way to still have the cake and eat as well, with strict mode.
Ocean's Eleven
Ocean's Twelve
Ocean's Thirteen

Are what they are offically called Smile

Anyway the point is I have already burnt DVDs with files using those schemes and are you telling me the stacking feature cant handle that simple expression ?
mappyman Wrote:Anyway the point is I have already burnt DVDs with files using those schemes and are you telling me the stacking feature cant handle that simple expression ?
We are saying that the DEFAULT stacking expression will not handle it today (nor tomorrow).

Note that this topic-thread is only about the DEFAULT 'out-of-the-box' stacking expression.

YOU can of course later edit the stacking expression on YOUR machine to whetever, see:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Stacking
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsettings.xml
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Moviename CD01.avi
Moviename CD02.avi
I use the following naming scheme:

moviename-1.avi
moviename-2.avi

Stacking isn't working anymore, so I guess I'll have to come up with a regex that will match this. A while ago, I went through my collection and TOOK OUT all unnecessary characters such as CD DVD and part. These are FILES not CDs or DVDs and if I have a -2 after a filename that is OBVIOUSLY part2. Silly to force users to change their naming scheme. As pointed out above, using the REAL movie names, I have never had a problem with sequels getting stacked. That's what you should force people to do.
We use common sense. Common sense says many sequels are named <moviename> 2, so we don't stack 'em by default.

It's not silly to make sure that default regexps do NOT stack sequels, which is what we did. Feel free to suggest a set of alternative default expressions that also meet this criteria.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Luckily the old defaults are sill in the wiki. I just put them in advanced settings.xml and everything is back to normal. Smile
That's what makes XBMC great. Thanks for all the hard work on "The project most likely to change the world"!Big Grin
The Green Mile - 1.avi
The Green Mile - 2.avi
The Godfather Part II - 1.avi
The Godfather Part II - 2.avi
Weekend at Bernies - 1.avi
Weekend at Bernies - 2.avi
Weekend at Bernies - 3.avi

This used to work ages ago so I was wondering why it didn't anymore.

What are the current rules for stacking? It wasn't clear in http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Stacking as it just seemed to mention what you could change it to in AdvancedSettings.xml if you wanted to.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default stacking expressions - what do YOU use to stack your movies?0