Scrubbing for files
so i finally got this thing working for the most part, and am loving it more and more. BUT....

i imported all my TV shows which i keep all in 1 folder. I use the same naming convention for ALL tv episodes and each show is in their own folder. all my shows got imported fine except one.

married with children only imported the first 3 seasons, even though i have all 11 seasons in there. after i found these files missing, i tried rescanning for new content, updating library, etc. none of this worked.

how can i fix this show?
actually...a few questions:

1. how can i re-scrub a folder?
2. if a scrub results in the wrong entry, how can i manually choose the entry IMDB selects?
3. When I add new files to my sources, will XBMC automatically add these to the library, or do i need to re-scan somehow?
benderbends Wrote:actually...a few questions:

1. how can i re-scrub a folder?
2. if a scrub results in the wrong entry, how can i manually choose the entry IMDB selects?
3. When I add new files to my sources, will XBMC automatically add these to the library, or do i need to re-scan somehow?

1. For one of the TV series that did not scan everything, switch to files mode and go to the folder for that TV show and pull up context menu (black button) when over top of that folder, change 'set content' to none (this removes/deletes this show from the database completely). after this has completely removed, clean your video library, and then go back to the TV Show folder and set content for the appropriate scraper (suggest TVDB)
2. it will prompt you
3. you need to perform an Update Library - (this will not work for missing files from step#1. You can have the library update in the background or at startup - these are all features in the Video/Settings tab.
2. but for example, I have Metrolpolis. IMDB scraper auto set as the 1927 black and white film, but in fact it is the 2000(?) anime film. So how can i correct this?

4. After scrubing my movies drives, it was working to show all my movies. Then all of a sudden, i exited and re-entered into the movies section, and now its only 3 movies. everything else is gone. any ideas?
Just FYI, some of these things sound like they might be more general XBMC issues rather than OS X specific, so you might want to widen your search/post space a bit.

In terms of re-scaping, you should be able to view information on a movie with 'i' and then reload them. When you reload, it should give you the option to pick another version. I think. Hell, I'm horrible at end user support because I'm too busy coding.

-elan
Eland is correct, if you refresh from the info screen, you should get the option to manually alter the search parameter.
I have in the past had issues with TV show episodes with dots in the name.
If they do, I would try to remove the dots from the first filename that does not get picked up, and update library (or scan for new content).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scrubbing for files0