Sounds settings?
ok...so i know NOTHING about sound and sound settings.
my imac is connected to my TV with a DVI > HDMI cable, so i know the sound is not going through there.

instead i have the imac connected using an audio plug (headphone jack) to an external DVD player which has a few speakers. the DVD player is set to stereo mode.

so my question is how do i set my sounds in xbmc so that all my files will play correctly? i know some files are AAC, some are MP3, and the rest are some form of surround sound in the mkv files.

when i play my mkv files, im getting static noise.
while other files produce no sound.
No mixdown support. Read the FAQ.
thanks... i thought thats what that meant...but thought i would ask to be sure.

so, based on that, can someone recommend a cheap but good system to buy for audio?
it needs to connect to my iMac
it needs to connect to my HDTV
it needs to connect to my Wii
my PS3 is connected to my TV via HDMI (so that should be ok...right?)
benderbends Wrote:can someone recommend a cheap but good system to buy for audio?
it needs to connect to my iMac
it needs to connect to my HDTV
it needs to connect to my Wii
my PS3 is connected to my TV via HDMI (so that should be ok...right?)
OFF-TOPIC, I recommend you asking (or searching) in the avsforum.com ...post your budget and if you are just looking for a reciever or for both speakers and reciever (plus required speaker configuration; 2.0, 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Gamester17 Wrote:OFF-TOPIC, I recommend you asking (or searching) in the avsforum.com ...post your budget and if you are just looking for a reciever or for both speakers and reciever (plus required speaker configuration; 2.0, 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1)

thanks. i realized that and already posted there. sorry about that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sounds settings?0