Audio dropouts and skipping/juddering frames
iordonez Wrote:I attached process sample to your ticket.

Thank you very much Smile
Hi again,
Just an update on this matter. It still behaves badly on my MBP with the latest version Sad And on top of that it's allways bad now. I've tried to make another user and its the same on that user too.

Well well, I'm so close on ordering a Mini now but then they say they might update it, bleh Tongue
heronnu Wrote:Hi again,
Just an update on this matter. It still behaves badly on my MBP with the latest version Sad And on top of that it's allways bad now. I've tried to make another user and its the same on that user too.

Well well, I'm so close on ordering a Mini now but then they say they might update it, bleh Tongue

That is "if" and "when" they update the Mini. It will likely not be until June if at all, and even that might not be a notable update.

If they would only take the Mac Book Pro hardware, throw out the keyboard, screen, and case and but it in a slimline (dvd style) case I think it would kill.
I did the tedious work of formatting and reinstalling Leopard on my MBP but I still get the damn error of 150% CPU usage when playing mkv files. I'm so frustrated about this Sad Is it really a hardware issue? Sad
heronnu Wrote:I did the tedious work of formatting and reinstalling Leopard on my MBP but I still get the damn error of 150% CPU usage when playing mkv files. I'm so frustrated about this Sad Is it really a hardware issue? Sad

I dont have the CPU problem you have but I still got lots of audiodropouts when watching a movie and my logfiles are allways filled with "CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuty - was:726302904.227286, should be:726285879.375287, error:-17024.851999."

I will get a new MBP this week and I will test XBMC on it and see if I have the same problem on that one.
Aww, the ticket is gone and I still have the issue. I guess I have to throw out the MBP through the window and tell my boss I need a new one because I accidently dropped it Smile
heronnu Wrote:Aww, the ticket is gone and I still have the issue. I guess I have to throw out the MBP through the window and tell my boss I need a new one because I accidently dropped it Smile

Haha! I might have closed it because there was no contact info. Double check the open tickets and then look through the closed tickets:

http://dn-0.com/xbmc-trac/query?status=c...=component

Let me know which one it is and I can help you re-open it.
iordonez Wrote:Haha! I might have closed it because there was no contact info. Double check the open tickets and then look through the closed tickets:

http://dn-0.com/xbmc-trac/query?status=c...=component

Let me know which one it is and I can help you re-open it.

I've tried a new thing today, I hooked up a firewire disk with 10.5 installed and used that as a startup disk. And it played fine :o
So, I guess I have some serious issue with my hard drive...>< So the ticket might as well be closed as it looks like the error is within my hardware.

However the "CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuty - was:726302904.227286, should be:726285879.375287, error:-17024.851999." errors might be investigated Smile
heronnu Wrote:I've tried a new thing today, I hooked up a firewire disk with 10.5 installed and used that as a startup disk. And it played fine :o
So, I guess I have some serious issue with my hard drive...>< So the ticket might as well be closed as it looks like the error is within my hardware.

However the "CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuty - was:726302904.227286, should be:726285879.375287, error:-17024.851999." errors might be investigated Smile

Great, that works. Sorry to hear about the drive! as for the Discontinuity errors they are basically just saying "hey the audio skipped or was out of sync" in this case it was caused by bad access time on your HDD or something similar.

Run Techtool Pro and see if you can get some errors generated during a test, Apple will replace the drive if you still have applecare active.
iordonez Wrote:Great, that works. Sorry to hear about the drive! as for the Discontinuity errors they are basically just saying "hey the audio skipped or was out of sync" in this case it was caused by bad access time on your HDD or something similar.

Run Techtool Pro and see if you can get some errors generated during a test, Apple will replace the drive if you still have applecare active.

Hmm so does that mean that the Discontinuity errors could be because bad harddrives? Cause I have those in all my logs on both my Mac Mini and my brand new Mac Book Pro and what more can cause this?

iordonez don't you have the Discontinuity error at all in your logfiles?
Evol Wrote:Hmm so does that mean that the Discontinuity errors could be because bad harddrives? Cause I have those in all my logs on both my Mac Mini and my brand new Mac Book Pro and what more can cause this?

iordonez don't you have the Discontinuity error at all in your logfiles?

I'm not saying its due to bad hard drives. Could be CPU not keeping up, etc. I do get the errors sometimes but rarely get audio dropouts. From what I understand is the Discontinuity error is just XBMC saying "hey the audio was out of sync a little, I fixed it".

Just because you have errors in your log doesn't mean something is wrong. If you're getting the errors but the video plays fine with no audio problems don't sweat it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio dropouts and skipping/juddering frames0