• 3(current)
OpenSubtitles.org downloader script
hi all,

I am maintainter/coder of opensubtitles.org, this is really good news, I've been waiting so long for this script, especially when I am watching movies on xbox. If you need any help from my side, just contact me, I am open to suggestions. My first suggestion is supporting RAR archives Smile
Lightbulb 
Again, may I suggest that the python scripter for this look at the Undertexter Script (for the Swedish Undertexter.se subtitles website) as it does support unzip, ...and unrar as well I think(?)
I still can't use the plugin. It's misplaced on the screen. It would make me very happy if I can use this plugin!

I'm running XBMC at PAL 16:9, if that may help....

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
[2ge];176328 Wrote:hi all,

I am maintainter/coder of opensubtitles.org, this is really good news, I've been waiting so long for this script, especially when I am watching movies on xbox. If you need any help from my side, just contact me, I am open to suggestions. My first suggestion is supporting RAR archives Smile

Welcome and thanks for a nice website I've used on occasion
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Gamester17 Wrote:Again, may I suggest that the python scripter for this look at the Undertexter Script (for the Swedish Undertexter.se subtitles website) as it does support unzip, ...and unrar as well I think(?)

sorry, now I dont have access to xbmc. I know undertexter.se script a little bit, but I don't think it support exactly what I am looking for. OS.org subtitle search works on movie hashes, so if you have movie in RAR files, you need make support for that first. It should be big deal, but I am not sure, if something like this is done in any script (calculating first 64kb and last 64kb and filesize of movie file - you get movie hash file...) More on this topic is on our wiki:

http://trac.opensubtitles.org/projects/o.../wiki/OSDb
Bram77 Wrote:I still can't use the plugin. It's misplaced on the screen. It would make me very happy if I can use this plugin!

I'm running XBMC at PAL 16:9, if that may help....

Same problem here. Tried with PM3 and xTV skin and running latest T3CH build.
Any udate on the positioning problem?

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
we need help here - hope someone from coders find some time

first
Useragent cannot be empty string.

to fix this i use "subdownloader" string in osdb.py
Code:
def connect( self, osdb_server, username, password ):
    LOG( LOG_INFO, "Connecting to server " + osdb_server + "..." )
    try:
        if osdb_server:
            self.server = xmlrpclib.Server(osdb_server)
            info = self.server.ServerInfo()
            if username:
                LOG( LOG_INFO, "Logging in " + username + "..." )
                login = self.server.LogIn(username, password, "en", "subdownloader")
            else:
                LOG( LOG_INFO, "Logging in anonymously..." )
                login = self.server.LogIn("", "", "en", "subdownloader")

second
Default skin files are not working with PMIII skin

third
Default PAL .xml is totaly incorrect - this i can fix if someone help us with second

smuto
Quote:Any udate on the positioning problem?

this is only quickly rescaling
new PAL Default skin file
just replace old one

smuto
a screenshots..
Thank you for helping out!

At this moment the only thing the script does is lock up my XBOX. I have to restart the XBOX manually to regain control. This is with and without the PAL patch and/or osdb.py patch.

I did a fresh installation (complete format) of XBMC yesterday. So I'm using the latest T3CH build (T3CH XBMC 2008-05-18 SVN rev13120-REPACK). I've downloaded the OpenSubtitles script today with the "xbmc-addons installer plugin" (three times, to be sure file corruption is not causing this). All other python scripts I use are running as expected (Revision3, XoT UZG, Youtube2a, T3CH Upgrader, MyTV, StreamplugServer).

Anything I can do to help out with fixing the problem? There's not much I could have done wrong. Maybe I should clear my cache, once I know where to find it?

Imho this should be integrated in xbmc itself as it provides essential information. Just like cddb and imdb lookups. I'm not that fond of the scripts myself. There happen to be to much scripts that lock up my xbox or do not work at all.

I hope this feature will find it's way to xbmc since downloading subs manually is soooooooo 2007 Wink
I totally agree to that. It's great that there is a site that offers almost all available subtitles and also the option to write your own app to manage the subtitles on their site.

I've done the dutch translation for this plugin

http://www.kraak-forum.nl/remote/XBMC/Op.../dutch.rar

* Really hoping this plugin will be fixed. I tried it myself. I have no Python experience but the language is really easy to read, I found out. Still, I can't figure out what is going wrong. I thought it might be because of the absence of the Dutch language file (I'm using the dutch language for XBMC). So I created it, but this didn't fix it.

Then I found out that url http://dev.opensubtitles.org/xml-rpc is not working (it's in resources/lib/osdb.py line 13)...

Code:
date: June 5, 2008, 9:47 pm query: call online_insert_src('84.27.77.250', 'prg') error: Table 'dev_subtitles.subs_online' doesn't exist Requested page is temporarily unavailable, please try again later.

...the page tells me.
But I can't figure out where it goes wrong...

Maybe the updater makes the xbox crash, because it alwas happens right after I start the script. Befora a dialog or Modal is opened. There is a lot of hard coded stuff in resources/lib/update.py. If anything changes in the directory structure or filenames on http://xbmc-scripting.googlecode.com/svn there might be trouble. But I don't know enough about Python or XBMC scripts to be able to figure it out. Maybe someone who knows a bit more about this stuff can help out?

I've put the patched OpenSubtitles Script (PAL and osdb.py from Smuto and dutch language file) on my server to make it easier to access.

http://www.kraak-forum.nl/remote/XBMC/Op...titles.rar

@Bram77

try this script with Basics-Vision skin
make sure u set all settings
Username, Password, Subtitles folder

i'm still use it without problems
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenSubtitles.org downloader script2