• 7(current)
OpenSubtitles.org downloader script
Bram77 Wrote:It would be fantastic if it could be integrated in XBMC without the need for a script. But you're offering an exelent alternative!
The script has always been here, it's just a little rough around the edges and I could never make the skin that came with it work.

I've tried running in different resolutions in a window which works except that the window itself never changes from the 4:3 aspect ratio. Any ideas?
Same here, I've never been able to use it because of skin issues. One time I found a modified version that worked with PMIII but it wouldn't download subs because of parsing errors in filenames.

What I was trying to say is that if you run XBMC on (i.a.) Windows, you can configure it ro use a widescreen resolution (windowed).

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Bram77 Wrote:What I was trying to say is that if you run XBMC on (i.a.) Windows, you can configure it ro use a widescreen resolution (windowed).
Yeah, I understood. I set it to PAL 16:9 and it switches to the widescreen skin but the window size doesn't change from the previous 4:3 aspect ratio. So it's like watching a widescreen movie on a 4:3 tv and all the people look skinny.

Any of the specific numbered resolution settings (1024x768, 1280x1024, etc) all go to fullscreen.
Oh, I assumed the window would adept to the resolution.... There must be a solution since a lot of skinners develop for multiple resolutions.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
just change folder name PAL to 720p
http://www.turboupload.com/461k8szoxqo3/...n.zip.html

There you go Bram77. Not perfect but atleast something.

I noticed under your name it says 'Skilled Python Coder' I don't suppose you could look into this script a bit and try sort out some of the issues it has?

Top things to fix would be:
- Settings not being saved.
- Auto-find subtitles of currently playing video not working.
Looks very promising greatant1337. I'll try it out and hope somebody makes it ready for prime time.
does this script work in windows?
I've just fixed the script to work on XBMC 9.04 beta 1 on Windows (use special:// paths), and uploaded at XBMCZone.com.

As a footnote, I'm working on a similar video plugin - I found the script sometimes locking on Xbox when downloading the subtitles and I don't particular like the presentation, sorry Leo...
Dan Dare Wrote:I've just fixed the script to work on XBMC 9.04 beta 1 on Windows (use special:// paths), and uploaded at XBMCZone.com.

As a footnote, I'm working on a similar video plugin - I found the script sometimes locking on Xbox when downloading the subtitles and I don't particular like the presentation, sorry Leo...

nice! Smile
so this version is different from the one in svn?
I have all my videos on a NAS. When I try to search for subs with the script I get a hash error (IO error). Eventhough my member status says "Skilled Python Coder", that's not true at all. I did fiddle with some python code, but they gave me that status so I could edit the startpost of some project topics.

Does anyone have an idea what could be cousing the error?

@eriksmith200
It is, as I don't have write access to the official SVN repository.

Keep an eye on this issue for when it gets fixed in the SVN repository:
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/iss...tail?id=16
@Bram77
Upload your xbmc.log at http://pastebin.com so we can have a look.
greatant1337 Wrote:http://www.turboupload.com/461k8szoxqo3/...n.zip.html

There you go Bram77. Not perfect but atleast something.

I noticed under your name it says 'Skilled Python Coder' I don't suppose you could look into this script a bit and try sort out some of the issues it has?

Top things to fix would be:
- Settings not being saved.
- Auto-find subtitles of currently playing video not working.

Thanx!

Like the Aeon skin!!!

Just a little something that I would realy appriciate.
Since I have an harmony remote, which doesn´t realy like all commands, could you add an EXIT button to the script?

Thank you!!!!

Sincerly

//Talle
@Talle
Just finished a rough version of a plugin, if you want to try it and provide some feedback, see below:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=49749
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenSubtitles.org downloader script2