• 2(current)
OpenSubtitles.org downloader script
Wink 
Tuneld Wrote:To bad the Search function is based on hashing on extracted files. All my movies are stored in splitted rar's (you know what I'm talking about) and it seams like I can't use this script because of that.
So edit the script so that it searches using the file-name (or database title name if available) if no hash is available, ...that is what open source is all about, litting anyone improve on your work then redistribute it to share that progress. See:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Building_Python_Scripts
and
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Category:Python

Rolleyes
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Gamester17 Wrote:So edit the script so that it searches using the file-name (or database title name if available) if no hash is available, ...that is what open source is all about, litting anyone improve on your work then redistribute it to share that progress.

Agreed. But for now I seams to have become a beta tester and tries to share my simple findings.. (isn't that counting at all?)

Let's first here from the original coder. Perhaps there already is a built in function for rar searches. Who knows?

Or perahaps I should go through the whole code and write a manual how it works??
i changed the gui, so now selecting the search or settings works. Nice catch, wouldn't have thought to look.

About not finding movies, i don't use it or know how it's suppose to work, so i won't be editing it.

You can either grab the whole script again or just this file: http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/svn/tr...lib/gui.py

make sure you put it in the right place.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
hi all,

sorry for jumping in late.

i'm not an experienced python developer, i just like messing around with things to make my life easier. one of the most painful parts of my media experience is subtitle downloading for movies and tv shows - hence i thought this script is highly needed.

i'm currently running on linux, so i guess some of the current problems with running the script are related to the switch from linux to xbox. regrettably my xbox has passed away so i can not check the script on it.

i'll describe a little how the script works and i hope someone will be able to fix the xbox related problems.

for the base of the script i used the lyrics script (i looked at undertexter but could not found much help in it) and implemented the osdb xmlrpc interface into it. the idea is the searches are being made through file hashes and not file names. this is a much stronger way of searching for subtitles as the returned subtitles will exactly much the video file you have.

when the script runs it logs into the osdb server (anonymously at first but please register at the site opensubtitles.org/newuser) if a video file is currently being played in the background it will hash it and search the osdb for its subtitles (in order to hash it i access the file so i'm not sure this would work over smb and certainly not sure re split rar files as they are not supported on linux). if no video is playing you can search to select a video file and search for subtitles for it. when you select the subtitle file you want to download it will be downloaded to the subtitle folder set in the settings (might need to change this one as i have some stupid mapping on my system) and then unzipped to it and (if set to true) to the folder where the video file itseld is located in.

thats about it. feel free to ask questions and i might be able to help. feel more than free to make anychanges you see fit to the script as this is a tool which should make our lifes easier (and please, some support from someone running xbox would be highly appreciated).

cheers for now,
leo
leob Wrote:(in order to hash it i access the file so i'm not sure this would work over smb and certainly not sure re split rar files as they are not supported on linux).
Most of us xbox users use an SMB share to reach our movie collection since it is a wast of time to transfer them to the local harddrive. So hashing is not the primary way to go. I can understand it on a Linux system where you probably also store your media library.

Also, alot of us xbmc users still hang on to our xboxes just for one thing: RAR SUPPORT! ... it is the best. And now you say that xbmc on linux doesn't have that support? Are you sure? Is the porting to linux 100% done?

leob Wrote:if no video is playing you can search to select a video file and search for subtitles for it. when you select the subtitle file you want to download it will be downloaded to the subtitle folder set in the settings (might need to change this one as i have some stupid mapping on my system) and then unzipped to it and (if set to true) to the folder where the video file itseld is located in.
leo

Suggestion: make a 2:nd search option. And that would be based on selecting a foldername (by browsing as now, or using the foldername that user already has entered in the Video section) and use that as searchstring.

That is how the Undertexter script works.

That is my 2 cents
I want to thank you for starting a great and needed script. I will try help you as much as I can. Right now the only thing I can help you with is explaining how we use and why we own an xbox with xbmc. Smile
The now playing file would not matter where it was located, if you just use title.

You can search samba with the browse dialog, so that should not be an issue either.

I included your instructions in the first post. I also changed the script to use the onclick() so it works as expected.
Nuka1195 Wrote:The now playing file would not matter where it was located, if you just use title.

You can search samba with the browse dialog, so that should not be an issue either.

I included your instructions in the first post. I also changed the script to use the onclick() so it works as expected.

Talking to me? I have not asked about anyting of these things. Please read my post (and Leos) again to understand.
Tuneld, that's enough. If you didn't ask about such things, then obviously it wasn't you i was answering. But either way, stop.
i realy like it

made my polish file and Basics-Vision skin file

skin & language file

a screenshots..

here u a

smuto i committed your additions

leo, please put /flags/ outside the skins folder, so different skins can share.

Thanks guys
Why is it, that the plugin seems to work for everyone but me.

I'm using the latest T3CH build.
I've tried the script in several directories ("plugins/video", "plugins/programs", "scripts")
I'm using the PMIII skin

All I'm getting is a misplaced screen. Only half of it is showing in the richt lower corner of the screen. A dialog keeps stating "0 items received". When I push the green button I can select a movie. But whichever movie I choose, "hash" fault returns.

What m I doing wrong? The same thing happens, no matter how I run the script.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
good shot is trying PC version at first

subdownloader
I'm running Linux. There is a Linux app to, for OpenSubtitles. But I'd rather use the XBMC plugin! I've been using MediaPortal for a few years and that's something I've really missed. My girlfriend will love the plugin especially because she has a hearing disability.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
it's a script not a plugin
I've had it running as a script (thrue "scripts", from the "scripts" directory).

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenSubtitles.org downloader script2