Is there an official 'XBMC Remote for iPhone' app from Team-XBMC on the App Store?
topfs2 Wrote:We would never make anything closed source official, that makes no sense.

And no, it does not matter if its available on cydia or not, it is still not acceptable to GPL in normal app store. The GPL license is available online I suggest reading it through.
EDIT: http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/vl...77486.html

Ok, just read that post.

Appstore may not be fully GPL compatible distribution chanel. Still, if you post GPL source code on Git and make it also available through alternate distribution chanel (cydia) all should be fine. Rectrictions you're mentioning apply to particular way of distribution and does not imply product has to be closed source. Sure, you can't alter what you downloaded from Appstore but you would be free to pull it from Git without restriction, fork it, and submit it to Appstore as a different app if you like, provided you post your forked source without restriction elsewhere.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Actually, the app store is GPLv2 complaint, just not GPLv3 complaint.
pecinko Wrote:Ok, just read that post.

Appstore may not be fully GPL compatible distribution chanel. Still, if you post GPL source code on Git and make it also available through alternate distribution chanel (cydia) all should be fine. Rectrictions you're mentioning apply to particular way of distribution and does not imply product has to be closed source. Sure, you can't alter what you downloaded from Appstore but you would be free to pull it from Git without restriction, fork it, and submit it to Appstore as a different app if you like, provided you post your forked source without restriction elsewhere.

no, it does not work that way. And I never said it had to be closed source, I said it is not GPLv2 compliant

isamu.dragon Wrote:Actually, the app store is GPLv2 complaint, just not GPLv3 complaint.

AFAIK the restriction part applies to GPLv2 as well, which is also stated in the link I gave.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I use the the Collect3 version of XBMC remote and it works great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhIX4KHFssE
thunderbunny Wrote:I use the the Collect3 version of XBMC remote and it works great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhIX4KHFssE

I use that as well but the app seems to have been abandoned by the devs. No updates and no responses to bug reports for a very long time.
This is true. I haven't had anything that has bothered me with it, so I haven't noticed until you mentioned it. I see there have been no updates since September 2010. It has treated me well though.Big GrinBig Grin
thunderbunny Wrote:This is true. I haven't had anything that has bothered me with it, so I haven't noticed until you mentioned it. I see there have been no updates since September 2010. It has treated me well though.Big GrinBig Grin

If you haven't already try XBMC Commander, I just discovered it and it's all kinds of awesome. It's available for the iPad and iPhone. I got the iPhone version for £0.69p, best app I have. Enjoy Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there an official 'XBMC Remote for iPhone' app from Team-XBMC on the App Store?0