• 2(current)
New .nfo creator for Windows - Need a bit of help
Also, anyone else getting lots of multiples / doubles in the <credits> tag? For some reason I have like the same writer or writers duped sometimes twice and sometimes even three times. Weird!
Catchy Signature Here
more TV series tags that don't need to be on movies (and correct me if I am wrong):
<premiered>
<status>
<code>
<aired>
<album>
Catchy Signature Here
lets test it out
Here is the latest update:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bzmmrx2y5bm

&amp;
&lt;
&gt;
&quot;
&apos;
should all be processed correctly now

Sleepy - with regards to doubles in the credits, these are scraped as is from IMDB - i checked and a person can be named several times for eg, as story writer and for screen play.

As always, feedback is much appreciated.

Next on my to do list will be to give people the option to strip out unwanted tags.
Just tested it, works great man. took like 2 seconds to finish!
I know the doubles aren't your fault, just thought it was weird, especially cuz its been very inconsistent. Any chance you could have the program do any string processing or look for duplicate strings? I know that would be tricky as far as the looping and whatnot goes, but it would be fracking awesome.

Also, what do you guys think about an option to skip / remove tags that are empty?
Catchy Signature Here
its working great for me.. Thanks
I've just uploaded the latest version

http://www.mediafire.com/?yjs3jzyzbct

Think this is almost complete now - the options to remove unwanted tags are now implemented. the GUI has also been cleaned up and looks a lot more professional.

If anyone finds a bug then please let me know.
This will be great. Thanks!
Awesomecross, will let you know if I find anyting ;P
Catchy Signature Here
Also, I gotta get you FTP access to my site so you can stop using that ghetto host.
Catchy Signature Here
Thanks for this. I still see weird characters, example: "Ocean&apos;s.Eleven.CD2.nfo". Thanks again.
billyad2000: any specifc reason you a targetting the .net 3.5 framework. why not use .net 2.0.

As for the app awesome idea, I was considering making something like this as well. But instead i went for the boring option of just copying and pasting everything to its own nfo.

Hehe i was however working on a 'Movie Nfo' previewer. So it actually renders an nfo to a Windows Form, and how it would look in XBMC. (Did the part cheapy using a Sereializer), i haven't put in the effort for the rendering part yet
** Team XBMC Tester** XBMC 4 ever

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

anoobie Wrote:Thanks for this. I still see weird characters, example: "Ocean&apos;s.Eleven.CD2.nfo". Thanks again.
Sorry, was searching body for special chr$ but forgot to check filenames, this is fixed now:
Link to version 0.6b

donno Wrote:billyad2000: any specifc reason you a targetting the .net 3.5 framework. why not use .net 2.0.
As I said earlier in this thread I've not been involved in any kind of programming for over 10 years, when I decided to have a go and do this program my initial impulse was to use VB 6, a version I used to be profficient at. However I decided that if I was going to get back into the programming habbit then it would be better to use the latest tools available, so I obtained Visual Studio 2008 and that meant .net 3.5.
Is there some disadvantage to 3.5 that I am unaware of. Let me know

donno Wrote:But instead i went for the boring option of just copying and pasting everything to its own nfo.
Try doing that with 1000+ movies. far quicker to write this program.
Tongue
The program is now working brilliantly, and all of my feedback is entirely aesthetic stuff.
A few requests:
-would you be able to run a string replace on the whole doc and replace " " (4 spaces) with "" (nothing)? The spaces are not needed and unnecessarily bloat the output files a bit.
-Along similair lines, there's an empty line left at the end of each file which could be trimmed.
-Could the <premiered> tag be added to the optional removal list? seems to be related to TV and is empty on ever file I have seen so far.
-the final aesthetic tweak is: would it be possible to replace the string "min" found inside the <runtime> tag with "minutes"?

These are all things I have been tweaking manually on the output, so I figured they might be of interest to you Smile Awesome program!
Catchy Signature Here
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New .nfo creator for Windows - Need a bit of help0