• 5(current)
New .nfo creator for Windows - Need a bit of help
I'm having the same problem as Razor with it creating folders with $ in them. Could this be because in XBMC the SMB Shares have $ in them? I'd rather keep the hidden ($) shares as it makes network browsing for other family members easier.

Thanks
Michael
I which MeD's Movie Manager had this NFO export feature
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=28741
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=27990

http://xmm.sourceforge.net
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I haven't had a chance to try this app out yet, but here's a feature suggestion: I find that when using library mode and collecting my info from IMDB, I end up with too many genres. I think it could be useful if your app allowed for the reassigning of genres, so that you could take some of the more obscure genres and assign them to a more "high-level" genre (e.g., assign both the Action and Adventure genres to just the Action genre).
Just to answer a few questions.

flamez Wrote:Billyad2000

Thanks for making this killer program! Today was my 1st time to try it out and all seems to be working except it grabs the actor thumb 1st instead of the Movie thumb? anyway to change this?

Keep up the good work!

I'm sorry about that, for testing i'm using an xml I exported a while ago, and the thumb tag doesn't contain any actor thumbnails. If you post an example of one of your thumb tags that contains actors aswell as movie thumbs i'll see if their is a way to filter them.
If not I am currently working on setting up a method by which all thumbs are shown then the user can just select whichever thumb they wish - much like XBMC but with the advantages of a more powerful PC platform and having the thumbs stored locally with the media and nfo files.

Razor_109 Wrote:I was wondering, would it be possible to add an option just to write the IMDB-Url in the .nfo and not all the information?

In this way there is no 'fast' copying the nfo files to the movie dirs and it has to be done manually..

Is this a known 'problem' or am i just doing something wrong ;P
Very possible, just not sure why people would want that feature, the purpose of this program is mainly to avoid the need for rescraping, not only is scraping slow but the reliability of scrapers is also a problem due to page layout changes etc.
You are not doing anything wrong. Copying directly to the source movie folder would be extremely difficult due to the number of unknown possible combination of system shares and configurations. e.g. Their may be more than one PC serving movies, or what about NAS servers or even movies stored on the XBOX HD itself. Sorry but I can't at this time think of a way to make that happen. As long as you use unique sharenames for all of your folders, shared or otherwise then this program will copy the nfo's and thumbs into so named folders and it's just a case of using cut and paste.

Razor_109 Wrote:whenever i use this tool it makes directories called Movie$, everytime a $ added.
Microboot Wrote:I'm having the same problem as Razor with it creating folders with $ in them. Could this be because in XBMC the SMB Shares have $ in them? I'd rather keep the hidden ($) shares as it makes network browsing for other family members easier.

This is a deliberate action of the software, the program adds the "$" to all folders containing network shares. The idea behind this was to try and give a bit of seperation between local and network files. For example a folder on the XBox called "Movies" and a network share called "Movies". In this instance the program adds "$" to the network share, so XBox hd folder nfo's would be stored in "Movies" and network share would be stored in "Movies$". This avoids all nfo files going into the one "Movies" folder.

As I said i'm working on methods for thumbnail selection at the moment but I will see about adding the options for removing the $ from folder names and for saving just the IMDB url in the info file in the near future if thats what you really want, let me know.
OK - Big update time

The biggest change in this version is now what I hope is the addition of a fully working thumbnail section. As you can see above you have 3 options:-

1) Extract the first thumbnail from the <thumb> tag.
This is done automatically and is the fastest option, although much depends on how fast your internet connection is.
The bug that returned only actor thumbs has now been fixed.

2)Use thumbnail browser to select from all available thumbs
For those who wan more choice over their thumbnails this will download up to 49 thumbnails and the user can choose any one:

As you can see their is also a url button that lets you enter a direct url to any image you want and a skip button if you don't want a thumb for a particular title.

Clicking on a thumb opens a much larger preview window:

On a minor note I've added the option to remove the "$" from at the request of a few people.

@Razor_109
I had added the option to save only the IMDB url to the .nfo file but unfortunately I had to take it out as XBMC is not exporting the IMDB id any more (<id></id> tags are now empty) - sorry

Oh yes - Get it here : Download
id's not being filled is a scraper bug and will be resolved shortly
I've noticed a minor issue with the thumbs. If the file has an apostrophe it saves the thumbs with an &apos; in the filename. It doesn't do that with the nfo file though. It correctly saves that with just a plan old '.

Awesome program btw, it's going to save me tons of time.
Latest version 1.92 now available

Download

Just a small update:-

Coco Wrote:I've noticed a minor issue with the thumbs. If the file has an apostrophe it saves the thumbs with an &apos; in the filename.
Issue now fixed

spiff Wrote:id's not being filled is a scraper bug and will be resolved shortly
I notice the scraper bug has now been fixed and an option to save only the movie IMDB url to the nfo file has been added. Please note that it is still possible to download the thumbnails per normal when using this option.
so I exported my video db and ran the program. I have 750 Movies in the library it found 14 movies. Huh

Regards,

Dave
rodercot Wrote:so I exported my video db and ran the program. I have 750 Movies in the library it found 14 movies. Huh

Regards,

Dave

I've not encountered this before, it sounds like your videodb.xml may be corrupt.
Are you using the latest version of the NFO extract program(1.92)

If not then try that one.

Youc can also open the videodb.xml in notepad and have a look at it it should contain 750 movies listed as below.

<movie>
<title>What Women Want</title>
<rating>6.300000</rating>
<year>2000</year>
<top250>2</top250>
<season>-1</season>
<episode>0</episode>
<displayseason>-1</displayseason>
<displayepisode>-1</displayepisode>
<votes>33,480</votes>
<outline>After an accident, a chauvenistic executive gains the ability to hear what women are really thinking.</outline>
<plot>Nick, a somewhat chauvanistic advertising exec hot shot, has his life turned haywire when a fluke accident enables him to hear what women think. At first all he wants to do is rid himself of this curse, until a wacky psycologist (played to perfection by Bette Midler) shows him that this could be used to his advantage! His first target is Darcy McGuire, the very woman that got the promotion he wanted. But just as his plan is beginning to work, love gets in the way...</plot>
<tagline>He has the power to hear everything women are thinking. Finally... a man is listening.</tagline>
<runtime>127 min</runtime>
<thumb>&lt;thumb&gt;http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/52/54/25f.jpg&lt;/thumb&gt;</thumb>
<mpaa>Rated PG-13 for sexual content and language.</mpaa>
<watched>false</watched>
<file></file>
<path>smb://workgroup;username:password@computername/sharename/</path>
<id>tt0207201</id>
<filenameandpath>smb://workgroup;username:password@computername/sharename/What Woman Want.avi</filenameandpath>
<genre>Comedy / Fantasy / Romance</genre>
<credits>Josh Goldsmith / Cathy Yuspa</credits>
<director>Nancy Meyers</director>
<premiered></premiered>
<status></status>
<code></code>
<aired></aired>
<studio>Centropolis Entertainment</studio>
<album></album>
<actor>
<name>Alan Alda</name>
<role>Dan Wanamaker</role>
</actor>
</movie>

The most important tags for creating the file are
<movie> This shows where each movie nfo begins.
<path></path> grabs the share folder or directory name from here
<id></id> is you are saving just imdb urls then it will extract this for the movie url
<filenameandpath></filenameandpath> The file name is extracted from here
</movie>The last line for this nfo

as long as these tags are ok then you should get them all output as .nfo files as far as my program is concerned the rest of the tags are irrelevent it merely filters the content for special chr$ and writes them back to the nfo file.

If you still can't get it working then all I can suggest is that you send the videdb.xml to me so I can have a close look at it, and see what the problem is, after you have removed security information obviously Big Grin

If anyone else has had this problem then please let me know
Firstly, thx for this cool program. Spat out almost 800 movies in a couple of seconds.

I'm making the move to nfo files. I've read the wiki and many posts, but am still not sure I completely understand them.

So...XBMC will scrape these instead of an online site if these are available in the same directory as the movie. That must mean the DB relies on the info contained within the nfo to propogate the db.

Okay, after the conversion from the videodb.xml to the many nfo files, I find a "thumb" field that points to the IMDB site. I have seen this same field in the DB. How does this relate to thumbs that are stored locally as "tbn" files?
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
KidKiwi Wrote:Firstly, thx for this cool program. Spat out almost 800 movies in a couple of seconds.

I'm making the move to nfo files. I've read the wiki and many posts, but am still not sure I completely understand them.

So...XBMC will scrape these instead of an online site if these are available in the same directory as the movie. That must mean the DB relies on the info contained within the nfo to propogate the db.

Okay, after the conversion from the videodb.xml to the many nfo files, I find a "thumb" field that points to the IMDB site. I have seen this same field in the DB. How does this relate to thumbs that are stored locally as "tbn" files?

Yes the DB will be populated from an available nfo file if it is available, thus saving the need for rescraping the information.

If your xml is only showing 1 imdb link for the thumbnail on imdb, then while the program will work fine, it it does mean that the movie was scraped with an older scraper. Newer scrapers get many thumbs from several locations including impawards and movieposterdb hence the ability to be able to select between the multiple thumbs. The actors section also contans a similar <thumbnail> tag with a link to an image of the actor.

When you choose to change thumb in the XBMC movie info screen then it is the url from these thumbs that are loaded up. If you are storing these thumbs localy as tbn files and you are happy with the chosen thumb then you can strip this tag from your nfo's as it is not needed. Just check the strip <thumb> tag to remove this line from your nfo.
The last post brings to mind a bug that i missed, when the strip thumb is selected, all thumbs are stripped including actors thumbs.
I'll release a fix soon.
also, when videodb.xml already content "minutes" it will change it to "minutesutes"
awesome program, thanks a lot, the problem mine has, is it kept crashing on a movie that had & in the title. i delelted that out of my xml file, and ran it again, it crashed on the next movie it got to with & in the title. Do you think it has a problem with movies with & in the title, or any symbols at all? Should I just go change all the & to and, do you think that would make it work? thanks, ive been wanting something like this for a long time now.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New .nfo creator for Windows - Need a bit of help0