Green colors and/or garbled during video playback with ATI GPU
i have an onboard radeon 1250 with the same problem on my media center and when i put atioglxx.dll in the XBMC folder i get an error message "atioglxx.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error". Very frustrating as on my other PC the radeon x1550 works fine with just the glew32.dll.
Actually I got XBMC up and running fine (almost) on both my laptops. One is an HP dv9000t:
Core 2 Duo T5600
Go7600 256MB

that one works perfectly.

My second laptop is far less powerful, but shouldn't have a problem running xbmc I would think. It's a Toshiba M200 Tablet PC:
1.8GHz Pentium M
Go5200 32MB

Notice that both are Nvidia based. The Toshiba loads and runs XBMC pefectly, video playback appears smooth but is completely green! Any ideas now?
WisdomWolf - u need to install last drivers or try to copy last dlls from HP to Tishiba.
Whitch ones? I don't know. On my eee-pc it isn`t work.
bigbw Wrote:wish I could help, but it solved my problem.. All i did was copy the atioglxx.dll in the XBMC dir and it plays fine now.. Did not take anything out, left the original file where it was and left all original files in xbmc dir..

Someone else got this to work?
nope... still got small display in the left upper corner with artefacts on the whole screen even with this DLL in the XBMC folder... ATI X600. On nvidia display is ok

DP
Maybe we should list what kind of cards that are not working. My card is:

Sapphire RADEON X800XL

I know there is no support from the developers right now, but if someone who have the same card got this to work, I would like to hear what they have done Big Grin
And if you do this please list the compile date (in the logfile) to make it easier to compare.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Yes, This is from my log file: Built on Mar 9 2008
And ideally the REVISION. When it's built is no good unless you have up to date code to build from.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

To do this I guess I have first to say with which revision I build it Wink
I'll post it the next time.
Nod Got this to work now. Nod

I did as bigbw said. Copied atioglxx.dll to my XBMC dir and the green colors/deviding of the screen is gone!

I used the atioglxx.dll from my "old" driver. Not from the updated one and it work?

Can I upload this file to somewhere? It might help others.
Hmm, I HAVE to make a HTPC now
Morph Wrote:Nod Got this to work now. Nod

I did as bigbw said. Copied atioglxx.dll to my XBMC dir and the green colors/deviding of the screen is gone!

I used the atioglxx.dll from my "old" driver. Not from the updated one and it work?

Can I upload this file to somewhere? It might help others.
Hmm, I HAVE to make a HTPC now

is it working on the build that wiso posted or the one Art posted..
WiSo Wrote:Something to play with. Thanks to chadoe who fixed the video playback issue.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UDMNXCT0

As usual no support ... and so on.

I used this one, but I think its the .dll that matters?

Hmm, this is beginning to get confusing, how about adding the .exe`s to downloads or something with date ore rev.?
Ok, i've gotten this to work now so I thought I should give a detailed explanation of how I did. Fist of all: I have a Radeon X1950 Pro card and I'm running Vista.
Take the atioglxx.dl_ from Catalyst 7.4. The file can be found in:
"C:\ATI\SUPPORT\7-4_vista32_dd_ccc_enu_44985\Packages\Drivers\Display\LH_INF\B_45162"
Then in a cmd window run: "expand atioglxx.dl_ <folder>" and rename atioglxx.dl_ --> atioglxx.dll. Finally place it in the XBMC folder and voila, colors! At least that worked for me.
More catalyst drivers might work as well, the 7.3 did not however.

Hope this helps someone.
I have an Asus Radeon 9550 card and get garbled video on playback in fullscreen.

I've tried all sorts of combinations of builds and copying atioglxx.dll to XBMC directory.

Anyone have anything else I can try?

Or should I just buy an Nvidia card?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Green colors and/or garbled during video playback with ATI GPU0