Green colors and/or garbled during video playback with ATI GPU
Lowet Wrote:Ok, i've gotten this to work now so I thought I should give a detailed explanation of how I did. Fist of all: I have a Radeon X1950 Pro card and I'm running Vista.
Take the atioglxx.dl_ from Catalyst 7.4. The file can be found in:
"C:\ATI\SUPPORT\7-4_vista32_dd_ccc_enu_44985\Packages\Drivers\Display\LH_INF\B_45162"
Then in a cmd window run: "expand atioglxx.dl_ <folder>" and rename atioglxx.dl_ --> atioglxx.dll. Finally place it in the XBMC folder and voila, colors! At least that worked for me.
More catalyst drivers might work as well, the 7.3 did not however.

Hope this helps someone.

top man!! This sorted my built in radeon 1250. Didn't realise we had to expand the atioglxx.dl_
did you expand the atioglxx.dl_ ? then copy the larger file to the xbmc directory?
I have the same problem with the version that Wiso posted, and I did expand the file..
bigbw Wrote:I have the same problem with the version that Wiso posted, and I did expand the file..

I'm on XP and it didn't work either.

It's back to Media Portal for me, I'm getting nowhere with this.

If it could just playback videos and nothing else it would be great, but I guess it's early days for XBMC.
I'm using Vista 32 bit. I tried doing this trick using the latest ATI Drivers, but the video was still green and distorted. I then downloaded the the older ATI 7.4 Drivers and the green is gone.
Confirmed! atioglxx.dll from 7.4 drivers solved video problems on my Radeon X600pro

DP
dpassent Wrote:Confirmed! atioglxx.dll from 7.4 drivers solved video problems on my Radeon X600pro

DP

did not work me for using wiso's build.. still get good video in right quandrant of screen and jumbled in other three..
@devs

Is there a way to adopt this workaround for the linux build of xbmc?
the 7.4 driver fixed my problem on vista. Although the video playback is a bit choppy.
I have uploaded the DLL's thats needed here:
XP DLL
http://rapidshare.com/files/100777527/at...xp_7.4.ziphttp://rapidshare.com/files/100777527/at...xp_7.4.zip
Vista 32 bit DLL
http://rapidshare.com/files/100777633/at...ta_7.4.zip

Download the ZIP file according to your operating system and unzip the file in your XBMC directory.
I have a Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H with the AMD690G Chipset and a onboard Radeon x1250 graphics card
This fix did help for me, but its far from flawless!
I've commited a fix for ATI/AMD to svn. The question now is, does it break the drivers you've found to be working.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

The green and artifacted videoplayback is still with my latest Catalyst 8.6.

Any news on this problem ?

using Radeon onboard chip, x 1200 on my mediapc.
Digidice Wrote:The green and artifacted videoplayback is still with my latest Catalyst 8.6.

Any news on this problem ?

using Radeon onboard chip, x 1200 on my mediapc.

are you building from the latest source code? as the above fix isn't in the last release
marlboroman1 Wrote:are you building from the latest source code? as the above fix isn't in the last release

i downloaded the Rev13859

install file from the download section

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Green colors and/or garbled during video playback with ATI GPU0