Green colors and/or garbled during video playback with ATI GPU
you need to use a newer version to see any improved ati graphics performance ether built from source or wait for the next official release
Just wanted to say thanks.. DLL has fixed one of my issues. Now to keep searching for the rest. Any idea when next build should be along? Dev's should have a chat with ATI . Game dev guy I met says they are quite helpful in getting fixes build into the drivers suites...

Thanks,

Mike
Still having issues as well

-XBMC for windows 14125
-Latest ATI drivers
-GPU: Radeon X1800XT

copied the 7.4 atioglxx.dll to the XBMC folder, didn't change anything

video/audio playback is smooth, but it only shows the top left quadrant (in black and white only), with red and blue artifacts behind it

is there something that needs to be changed in one of the xml files to make it see the new dll? or does it detect it automatically
did you do a full fresh install as in uninstall and manually delete the XBMC folder in "Application data"?
14125 was the first version of XBMC I tried installing, there was nothing previous to uninstall

I downgraded back to 13859 now it's working a bit better, video playback works but if I pause/rewind/fast forward it garbles up the video, and exiting back to the menu garbles up the fonts as well (all white boxes, in video playback the mouse cursor is a white box as well), then I have to restart xbmc

so if I start xbmc and play a video it works fine, but I can't do anything else after that without it going nuts
Same garbling and even flickering on a Thinkpad T61 with NVS 140m
elupus Wrote:I've commited a fix for ATI/AMD to svn. The question now is, does it break the drivers you've found to be working.

The fix has broken things for my unforunately. On a cleanly installed 13859 revision XBMC the video plays for me just fine. However, on a cleanly installed 14125 revision XBMC the video has ghosting and other issues described in this thread (no green screen though).

Would you be able to provide exact details of what was changed and in which source file so that if need be I can undo the change and compile things myself.

Thanks,
Harry

P.S. Or alternatively if this fix hasn't actually fixed things for users can we remove it from the SVN? Or better yet implement a switch of some sort so we can set an option in one of the xml files ... obviously a bit of work ... so in the mean time if you could just tell us exactly what was changed so we can manually change it back if need be that would be great.

P.P.S. The hardware I'm running this on is a Dell Vostro 1000 laptop using a ATI Xpress 1150 video card.
I have the same problem with a ATI X1950 card, Driver version 8.5 under Vista 32bit. Can't play any videos... only the left top corner is visible and blue/red artifacts, wrong colours etc.
Copying the ati_dll file into the xbmc director didn't bring any changes.
Anybody know help? Seems like this is BIG problem No
Hi all!

I have tried a couple of configurations using the XBMCSetup-Rev14125.exe,

1. Hp laptop (don't recall the modelnr) (Don't work)

Core 2 2.0Ghz with Radeon HD2300.

Didn't work with any of the Hp drivers available. Fix doesn't help.

2. Home built Media Center computer (Works)

AMD Athlon64 Dual Core 2.5 Ghz, Radeon HD2400.

Works with latest Catalyst driver 8.7.

3. Hp nx7000 (Works)

Pentium 1.5 GHz, Radeon 9200.

Works with Driver 6.14.10.6422.

4. Home built computer (Don't work)

Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, Radeon x1950 pro.

Does not work with Catalyst 8.6 or 8.7 drivers. Havn't tried the fix.

I thought it was just a driver issue, but since config 2 works with latest driver, I puzzled.

My 5 cents
at
americantabloid Wrote:Hi all!

I have tried a couple of configurations using the XBMCSetup-Rev14125.exe,

4. Home built computer (Don't work)

Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, Radeon x1950 pro.

Does not work with Catalyst 8.6 or 8.7 drivers. Havn't tried the fix.

I thought it was just a driver issue, but since config 2 works with latest driver, I puzzled.

My 5 cents
at

Solved with version 14676.

Big thanks to Team XBMC!!!

Best regards
at
Yes indeed, big thanks!! Its working perfectly again!
Question 
Hi Guys,

I've been using XBMC for some time on my Xboxes.
And I thought I'd give the Windows version a try, but I'm getting this 'Green Screen' problem on all video file types. Sad

The difference is I'm not using an ATI GFX card.
I'm using a Dell 5150c which has an on-board Intel 945G Express chipset.

Setup is 32bit Vista and i've tried the latest drivers from Dell and Windows Update. Non of the Intel drivers will install. ?

So far i've had this problem with 'Rev14676' and 'Alantis Alpha 3'
Going to try the new 'Alpha 4' now.

Anyone got any ideas. ?
same problem here =(
enable the glhack in advanced settings. (check manual)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Looks like kind of an old thread, but thought I would post my fix for this issue as I didn't see it addressed anywhere else in the thread.

FIX

Delete the file:
"C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\UserData\Database\MyVideos.db" to fix the 'green screen' issue.

(not sure why the forum is putting an extra space between .d&b, should be MyVideos.db)

Note: The old db file was 8736KB, the new one is 1296KB. Not sure if something was corrupt in the file or if the file size itself caused an issue. Either way, if any devs want to look at my old db file I'd be happy to send a copy to you.

Vista SP1 32-bit | AMD Athlon X2 4850e | 780G Chipset | 2 GB RAM | ATI Radeon 3200 (integrated) | XBMCSetup-Rev17015-jester-ext

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Green colors and/or garbled during video playback with ATI GPU0