How do I get my Xbox harddrive's password?
I used xboxhdm v 1.9 to create a new hard drive from scratch. Well, somehow it's all f'd up and I want to just reformat it...but I can't remember my password. Does anyone know what it is? Or is it a random password?
Not even remotely related to XBMC in any way and therefore not something you should have posted here.

However since you're apparently confused I will give you the info anyway.
The locking password is calculated from the serial numbers of the Xbox and the harddrive used. The single easiest and most reliable method of doing locking / unlocking that I have found is to use XBHDM. However, you must put a copy of the EEPROM from the Xbox you're working with (which is usually EEPROM.bin, created by just about every softmod package at some point during installation) in the eeprom folder inside the xbhdm before you generate the ISO file.
Then after booting the CD you can just run option 3 (locking/unlocking) tools and then run unlockhd -a or lockhd -a to automagically perform the command using the EEPROM file on disc to generate the correct password.

If you do not have the EEPROM and/or have other questions you should direct them to the appropriate forums on Xbox-Scene.com. Like I said, this has nothing to do with XBMC and if you point your eyes at the top of the page you will see "XBMC for Xbox - Support (Help) Forum"...
Catchy Signature Here
You're the nicest and most helpful d-head ever. I'll give that a shot. Thanks!
Thas me Smile
Catchy Signature Here
This thread cracked me up! Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I get my Xbox harddrive's password?0