Everex gPC Mini - Almost perfect for XBMC?
...and ugly too...
The Aopen minipc that you linked to, Gamester17, is still on top on my wishlist, with minimac on second place...
Wow, and I thought Apple was overpriced. Twice the price of a mac mini for a worse config.

edit: I wonder how these companies are in business.
edit2: I guess by selling these.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

What about the Asus Nova P22:

http://stuff.tv/Review/Asus-Nova-P22/
skunkm0nkee Wrote:What about the Asus Nova P22:

http://stuff.tv/Review/Asus-Nova-P22/

Seems ok, the GMA 3000 (different from X3100) is similar to GMA 950. But given that the description says that it's a desktop computer, I'd say that's quite a sacrifice since at desktop sizes, you can get a much better GPU. Intel's current mobile top of the line is the X3100 (965 chipset) which is a whole generation more advanced than the i915 based GMA 3000 / 950 (supports hardware T/L, vertex shaders, etc). Moreover, if you're going desktop, the only choice should be Nvidia (at least if you're thinking linux/xbmc).

The Hush minipc's
Very silent, goodlooking but very pricey Smile
If you have problems please read this before posting

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Mcubed ain't cheaper Smile but they are SILENT
Anyone played around with the Asus Eee PC? Looks like it's powerful enough to run compiz out of the box. Might even be able to run XBMC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRP8fPcaSzI

Review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMjIW5qyq3s

Given it's very low price ($200-$400), it's tempting to pick up one just for kicks.

I've had one for a couple of months now and think its fantastic. Only just started to try and put XBMC on it over the last few days and haven't been too successfull in getting it to compile in the default Xandros OS - I get an error as __static_chk_fail or something like that doesn't exist?

I think my next task is to get Ubuntu running on it and take it from there.
The eeepc has GMA 900 graphics; can that run XBMC? If so, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. Only problem is that the 630Mhz celeron CPU is actually slower than an xbox1.
The original XBOX had a 733mhz PIII, while the clock is faster it's possibly not as fast overall.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
rodalpho Wrote:Only problem is that the 630Mhz celeron CPU is actually slower than an xbox1.

I think it's 900MHz, but yeah definitely not for HD material. It just seems like a good ultra portable (almost UMPC size) and almost unbeatable price. What's interesting is that it even has a GPU with some acceleration. Of course, discarding the price, one of these with a GMA 950 is much better.

Edit: I suppose it is categorized as a UMPC.

From what I can find from quick googling, it's 630Mhz with a stock underclocked 70Mhz bus. You can safely overclock the bus to 100Mhz and get it to run at 900Mhz though.

The celeron M is based on the pentium-M technology, so it'll be around 10% slower Mhz-for-Mhz than a core duo or 20% slower than a core2duo. It's roughly comparable to a pentium-3 at the same speed, I'd guess. Either way, not enough to handle HD.
rodalpho Wrote:From what I can find from quick googling, it's 630Mhz with a stock underclocked 70Mhz bus. You can safely overclock the bus to 100Mhz and get it to run at 900Mhz though.

You're right, the actual processor is 900MHz, but it comes factory underclocked. Interesting that it's actually sold as 900MHz systems.

Is OpenGL 2.0 no longer a requirement? I know that there had been changes to get GMA950 working in the OS-X version, but I had figured that those were just individual hacks...
bmfrosty Wrote:Is OpenGL 2.0 no longer a requirement? I know that there had been changes to get GMA950 working in the OS-X version, but I had figured that those were just individual hacks...

OpenGL 2.0 is what is recommended, XBMC will still run with basic functionality on lower OpenGL versions, as low as OpenGL 1.2 (GMA 950, GMA X3100 on OSX).

The hacks weren't for getting the GMA 950 working, it was to get the X3100 working (under OSX), but that was because of broken OSX drivers and has nothing to do with OpenGL versions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Everex gPC Mini - Almost perfect for XBMC?0