Missing Stream Sources....
I know it is just something simple, but as I have upgraded versions, I seem to have lost the included online streaming sources.

I have been searching and have not found it, hoping someone can put me back on track.

Sorry for something so simple, but I am having a serious brain cramp!
renegade Wrote:I know it is just something simple, but as I have upgraded versions, I seem to have lost the included online streaming sources.

I have been searching and have not found it, hoping someone can put me back on track.

Sorry for something so simple, but I am having a serious brain cramp!

Perhaps because of this change: "Store mediasources.xml in the Application Support/XBMC directory, instead inside the application bundle. You’ll have to move yours there if you want to maintain settings."

See if the file XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/mediasources.xml or XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/UserData/mediasources.xml exists, and if so, move it to ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC.

-elan
elan Wrote:Perhaps because of this change: "Store mediasources.xml in the Application Support/XBMC directory, instead inside the application bundle. You’ll have to move yours there if you want to maintain settings."

See if the file XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/mediasources.xml or XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/UserData/mediasources.xml exists, and if so, move it to ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC.

-elan

elan,

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, the mediaresources.xml does not exist in any of the three locations you mentioned. Not sure what exactly happened to it! It did work on previous builds. I will do some tracking down, thank you again for telling me what I needed.

The only thing I could find in earlier builds was resources.xml but did not sift thru the whole package. I will see if I can hunt it down.
renegade Wrote:elan,

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, the mediaresources.xml does not exist in any of the three locations you mentioned. Not sure what exactly happened to it! It did work on previous builds. I will do some tracking down, thank you again for telling me what I needed.

The only thing I could find in earlier builds was resources.xml but did not sift thru the whole package. I will see if I can hunt it down.

It will not exist until you add some actual network sources. Note that it's mediasources and not mediaresources.

-elan
BAH!!! Thank you for holding my hand elan!!

I hadnt browsed to make a new one yet, of course now that I have ti works perfectly again!!

Thank you and everyone for all the hard work on this wonderful piece of software!!!
Ok, so I must be dense, but I cannot for the life of me get shoutcast working(again).

The last 2 releases for sure(for me) have done the same thing.

When trying to add shoutcast as an audio source, it will download the new .xml list. It will then list all the genre's. However, once I go into any genre, it will again say it is downloading the list, but nothing will populate the list. Even clicking the link to go back to parent directory doesnt work. Im not getting the mediasources.xml file in any of the locations mentioned earlier in the thread. Not sure what changed, thanks for any input.
24" iMac aluminum(late 2007) 2.4GHz C2D 4GB RAM Radeon HD2600
Mac Mini(early 2008) 2.0GHz C2D 2GB RAM Intel GMA 950
Macbook (late 2007) 2.16Ghz C2D 4GB RAM Intel GMA 950

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Stream Sources....0