Removing artists from Library list?
Yeah I was writing from memory when I was posting the folder structure and goofed on the syntax...I have it in the correct folder as you mention.

I'll check and see if it's being accessed as you show below.

Thanks!
Yeah - that's a good idea.

I've checked the code, and the logic is as follows for MP4 tags:

If the compilation tag is set, and if the albumartist tag is NOT set, then set it to "Various Artists", else, if the compilation tag is set and the albumartist tag is also set, don't touch it.

Then, when scanning, if the albumartist is set we ignore the song with respect to determining various artist albums (as clearly the user knows what they're doing) from the folder scheme.

So yes, assuming they're MP4 files, it should be fine.

Note that I believe that XBMC does NOT read the compilation "flag" (an itunes invention) from ID3v2 tags at all, though I haven't actually checked the libid3tag source to check (I wrote this bit of it in anycase, so I'm reasonably certain!)

Once you've checked advancedsettings.xml and determined that the file is at least being read, and you've also toggled it on and off to test whether any difference at all (just check number of returned artists) between both modes, we can then take a closer look at the tagging you've got and find the reason why it's doing what it's doing (and if it's appropriate or not).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

OK, i finally got around to doing this...i ran the first command, opened xbmc, exited xbmc, and terminal had the following response:

Code:
501   1606 XBMC          10 /Users/media/Library/Application Support/XBMC/UserData/advancedsettings.xml

Does that mean it was accessed?
I believe so, yes.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

ok, now that we know advancedsettings.xml is being accessed, what should i do next?

I notice that when I first scanned my music into my library that XBMC correctly recognized the 'Compilations' and put those albums in its own category in Library mode. Does that mean anything?
Supply said files that you think are scanning in incorrectly so that someone can check them out. Megaupload.com or similar is probably an option.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Removing artists from Library list?0