Command Q and H
⌘Q does not seem to work when trying to quit xmbc. (v 1.1.4) It did not work in previous versions for me. ⌘H does not work either.

I was also wondering if there is a way to minimize xbmc or tab to other applications, I have my resolution set to full screen so when xbmc starts I have to go to the shutdown button in order to get to my desktop or any other apps.

-Bob
This "issue" has been discussed here before....This is how most other Media Center applications work in full screen mode, like Front Row.
I read another thread about it right after I posted and did not know how to go back and edit my post. The tip from Elan about ' \ ' to move between full screen / not full screen will do. Thanks Elan

I still am wondering if the ⌘Q and ⌘H keys do not work?

-Bob
They would work if they were mapped, which they aren't.

This, as has been mentioned around, is pretty standard behaviour in media centers, as all keys are captured internally.

The decision may be made in the future to change it so it works but in the meantime the normal XBMC shutdown routine needs to be followed: "S" activates the shutdown menu, "Enter" confirms it. Then the application will quit.
Thank You.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Command Q and H0