2 Questions
I recently installed 0.1.4 (though when I click 'About XBMC' it only says 'Version 0.1 (687)'). I also downloaded the xTV skin and Intro Video from here : http://savvygeek.com/xbmc_xtv/

A few questions:
1) The program doesn't seem to be picking up the 'tags' for my movie files such as cover art, cast, description, etc. - is there a trick to this?
2) I followed the Intro Video directions found in the zip folder at the link above, but it doesn't run. Any tips here?

I am hooking my MBP up to my Sony 50in SXRD.

Oh, also - the program 'Quits Unexpectedly' every single time I close it - is this normal?

Thanks very much for the help.
martinmartin Wrote:Oh, also - the program 'Quits Unexpectedly' every single time I close it - is this normal?

Please post the crash report to Pastie and post a link.

-elan
elan Wrote:Please post the crash report to Pastie and post a link.

-elan

PM Sent - thank you.

Any ideas on points 1 or 2? Cheers.
I found that when I followed the instructions with either 0.1.3 or 0.1.4 it made OSXMBC start acting funny.

So I just decided to have the xTV skin and forget about the video. I would prefer OSXMBC to be stable first and foremost.

I have now bought an xBox so I can try it there when I get XMBC all setup.

Nerd
I think the problem is that the video startup script requires python support. The OSX and Linux versions of XBMC doesn't have python implemented yet.
xTV hasn't been updated for the bleeding-edge XBMC so it's understandable it doesn't work in OSXBMC either. The later revisions have a lot of skin-specific changes so it'll be a while for the other skins to be updated.

Currently PM3 works for me but others like other skins. I think it would be a nice idea if the team included three skins instead of one (I'd include Aeon, for example, but wouldn't include any of the "imitation" skins to avoid misunderstandings) and have them be part of the official distribution and updated as required.

On the tags, remember that if you're sharing your music from iTunes, that sometimes the tags are not in the files themselves but in the iTunes library. There are scripts out there to force this information into the ID3 tags of the music files themselves (this is specially true of the thumbnail).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 Questions0