Crash on selecting item to play?!
Hi all,
xbmc on osx looks truly awesome, I know lots of people have it working so I'd love to know what I'm doing it wrong.
I'm on a 2GHz Macbook with 2gb Ram, I can open xbmc, navigate around and have added the Movies folder within my home drive as a source.

When I click this it either crashes there or lets me in and crashes when I choose a file to play!
Any thoughts? Thought I'd ask in case its something obvious before delving into log files!
Thanks
Noel
Hi Noel,

Is your movie folder on a network share? I had a problem similar to this a while back but I can't remember what I did to fix it. I seem to recall it had something to do with how I added the source. Sorry I can't be of more help. Keep trying!

OSXBMC is still quite buggy, but overall it's mostly useable once you get around it's quirks. I have much faith in elan to get everything fixed in due time... Smile
"Quite buggy"? Hmmphhh Eek

Remember people, if it crashes hit the "Report..." button and paste that to Pastie. Do so and you'll get much love from me.

-elan
Have posted onto trac tickets, is that correct?
Thanks
Noel
Sorry elan, no offense intended, but you know it's true, although it's getting better with every release.. Keep up the good work..

PS. I just spent the last 3 hours setting up my movie library, exited, then restarted only to find my library empty again.. And this is not the first time I've done this.. I read that turning off 'Update Library on Startup' might be the cause of this, so I'm going to try it again with this setting off.. It's downloading info as I type this.. Should be done by morning (again).. Hmmphhh indeed..
Sorted, thanks to the sticky's showing me how to read the log I found that it was crashing trying to read/generate a thumbnail for an asf file within my movies folder. So i created a folder placed one mov in there and jobs good, right time to play Smile
elan Wrote:"Quite buggy"? Hmmphhh Eek

Remember people, if it crashes hit the "Report..." button and paste that to Pastie. Do so and you'll get much love from me.

-elan

I'd love to. Problem is that most of the time when mine crashes (went selecting a Video_TS VOB file to play), OSXBMC closes, drops to desktop, and I get no standard Apple message that it actually crashed.

Guess I need to start running from terminal instead and pulling the log.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash on selecting item to play?!0