• 3(current)
[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] Blu-ray Disc support in XBMC? With menus and AACS/BD+ decryption?
While this is Windows-only and proprietary, doesn't DVDFab PassKey allow Bluray to be played within XBMC? I don't have a Bluray drive to test this out with, but it's supposed to be a driver that decrypts discs on the fly, so that any program that can read unencrypted Bluray rips should be able to play them off the disc using PassKey.
That's a good point. AnyDVD HD has a similar feature for on-the-fly decryption. Might have to try that out.
I recon it would be awesome to have a bit of (non xbmc) software to do the decryption, and share the device on a network, this would mean not having to get a blu ray drive for each client, you just point xbmc at the network shared device.
on windows you can easily use players like PowerDVD or Arcsoft Total Media Theatre as external players for full BluRay/HD-DVD support. It's working like a charm here, having "index.bdmv" files mapped to TMT player and added .bdmv files to the video-formats in XBMC. But sure, it'll be nicer to be able to play blurays (without the JAVA stuff) directly in XBMC.
b7ll Wrote:I recon it would be awesome to have a bit of (non xbmc) software to do the decryption, and share the device on a network, this would mean not having to get a blu ray drive for each client, you just point xbmc at the network shared device.

This is what davilla (a developer) does to play BluRay on his AppleTV with CrystalHD card...

(using AnyDVDHD)
waldo22 Wrote:This is what davilla (a developer) does to play BluRay on his AppleTV with CrystalHD card...

(using AnyDVDHD)

I want to do it from a Windows box to an ION 330 running Linux when I get a BluRay drive.

I had a quick look at AnyDVDHD, it looks a bit pricey, considering I could just rip the disk to the hard drive and play it from there.
b7ll Wrote:I want to do it from a Windows box to an ION 330 running Linux when I get a BluRay drive.

I had a quick look at AnyDVDHD, it looks a bit pricey, considering I could just rip the disk to the hard drive and play it from there.

It's too expensive, yes. But it's the only program that can reliably decrypt on the fly. It also is the most reliable program for ripping.
there is a open source project that is working to get a playback like we have for dvd the link to the project website is http://altair.videolan.org/
i give up. one last time: WE SUPPORT THAT ^^^^^ on linux and osx.
spiff Wrote:i give up. one last time: WE SUPPORT THAT ^^^^^ on linux and osx.

LOL Laugh
according to some news portals today, it seems that some progress is made with the libbluray library

http://www.videolan.org/developers/libbluray.html

would be really awesome to have native bluray support in XBMC also if this means some additional manual work to get the protection hacked on-the-fly. on the other side, BD-ISO with removed protection should work perfectly including interactive menu support so that's a big plus.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Working on it....
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Wicked elupus that is great to hear. You pump some awesome code into XBMC. Thanks a lot.

P.S Thanks to all the devs for the work you do on XBMC it is amazing.

Cheers,
Rob
Smile 
Hello!
If you could ask for anything better that would make XBMC, you have full support for Blu-Ray I need the HDD for playback. Not only play the m2ts, but full support for Blu-Ray HDD for playback (menus, extras etc).

Ways may also ask for

1; Dharma beta 4 ISO DVD -> Blu-Ray ISO playback, complete with menu.

2; BDMV folder to the Media Library, the film starts (Media Library) in the M2TS not start, but the entire BD menu.

I think that many therefore choose instead to Dune HTPC or other media players instead of there because they have the support and services to the BD not only enjoy half off.

Thank you very much for XBMC developers of this program is brilliant, I hope what you manage to buy my first HTPC, maybe you've had in my Blu-Ray Disc Also I can play its full extent.

A grateful user of Hungary.
I used google translate to translate.
Total Media Theater 5 or Power DVD 10 and previous versions, both of them have full BD support and can be used/launched from XBMC. They also have 7MC interfaces and integration.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] Blu-ray Disc support in XBMC? With menus and AACS/BD+ decryption?0