• 5(current)
[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] Blu-ray Disc support in XBMC? With menus and AACS/BD+ decryption?
HD-DVD use HDi standard for menu. It's not HDMV. I doubt libbluray developers will make an interest to port an already dead technology
Hi

As a very newby to XMBC and so far am loving it, but I have one query. I am running XBMC Dharma RC1 for windows and whenever I play a ripped M2TS file it stutters from the start. The same file pays fine in TMT windows fine. The PC is a AMD quad 9750 with 2gb RAM on Win7 64bit with HD3200 onboard. Connecting via HDMi to a Yamaha RX-V2065. The movie is ripped to a USB drive via AnyDVD HD.
The XBMC is a standard installation - ie I have not installed any add ons except the MCE remote addon.

Your advice would be greatly aprreciated.

Cheers
Gareth
You can try turning on HW accelleration in settings. You may need to go out and grab latest drivers for your amd card. (ati/amd cards are abit flakey with our hw accel)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the reply. I have considered getting a stand alone GPU that will give me True HD so that might also solve the stuttering issue. Do I have to go into command line or can I set HW acceleration in the menu?

Thanks
i thought bluray playback (without encryption) is possible now in dharma?
i use dvdfab passkey -> http://www.dvdfab.com/passkey-for-blu-ray.htm
but not working...
ingo
--
winxppro sp3 on zotac gf9300-i-e, celeron 3300, 2gb ram, 4gb ssd @ ewf, 250gb hdd
try using: ANYDVD HD
Thumbs Up 
htpc guy Wrote:Why can't you play them in xbmc now?

I run Ubuntu 10.4. For my bluray movies I use dvdfab to strip off the DRM. Then I copy the AVCHD Video file into my movies directory on my hard drive. I scrape it with Ember MM and xbmc plays it beautifully. I don't get the disc menus and stuff but that's fine. I prefer to have just the movie anyway.

How the heck did you make it work? I did the excact same thing today. I ripped my AVATAR bluray with dvdfab to my hdd using the "Main Movie" feature. But XBMC refuse to play it. How did you actually do this? Rolleyes
Lightbulb 
I love my HD-content and like the idea of keeping my HD-Movies in their full quality. Sadly, there's not any good open source software that can playback Bluray's nor ISO images of a bluray disc. This is why i would like to might get it started and i have done som googling and came across this:

http://lxbdplayer.sourceforge.net/english.html

I haven't tested it yet, so i don't know how well it will play my Blu-ray discs or ISO images.

Is there going to be implemented blu-ray disc and blu-ray iso images playback support in XBMC in the future?
daniel123 Wrote:This is why i would like to might get it started and i have done som googling and came across this:

http://lxbdplayer.sourceforge.net/english.html

I haven't tested it yet, so i don't know how well it will play my Blu-ray discs or ISO images.

Is there going to be implemented blu-ray disc and blu-ray iso images playback support in XBMC in the future?

You missed an important item on that page: "Warning ! lxBDPlayer can't read protected Bluray Disc"

So it's not of any help as virtually all releases are drm'd in one format of another. If you search the forum, you will find plenty of posts explaining the why/why not support for native bluray.
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:You missed an important item on that page: "Warning ! lxBDPlayer can't read protected Bluray Disc"

So it's not of any help as virtually all releases are drm'd in one format of another. If you search the forum, you will find plenty of posts explaining the why/why not support for native bluray.

Whoops, didn't see that even though it was bold-highlighted, my bad. Yes, thats the main problem right now. VideoLan's libbluray is still dealing with protected Blu-Rays with BD+ protection. But maybe the XBMC developers should concider using this, when it's getting updated.
AnyDVD decodes on the fly (or so I understand), so if a user is running that, could they point XBMC to this in order to play a bluray without an intermittent ripping stage?
Archon Wrote:AnyDVD decodes on the fly (or so I understand), so if a user is running that, could they point XBMC to this in order to play a bluray without an intermittent ripping stage?

Blu-Ray ISO support now works in master, I verified it myself. I haven't yet tried a disc (Or an mounted ISO) but I imagine it would work as well.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=682...stcount=41

EDIT: I tried a disc, and while it won't automatically play when inserted, it will if you navigate to the disc and play the index.bdmv file manually. Also the "Play disc" button doesn't seem to know that the disc is there.
Is there any chance for support menus in a near future or du you have to wait for libbluray supports it? I assume that libbluray is what you are going to use from now on?

Smile
daniel123 Wrote:Is there any chance for support menus in a near future

Unless XBMC becomes a PayWare, answer is NO!

Reading BluRay menus require acquiring a license...

so this costs money....

applications like POWERDVD & TotalMedia Theatre
do support BluRay Menus since they bought the license...
eskro Wrote:Unless XBMC becomes a PayWare, answer is NO!

Reading BluRay menus require acquiring a license...

so this costs money....

applications like POWERDVD & TotalMedia Theatre
do support BluRay Menus since they bought the license...

Oh, this sucks! :/
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] Blu-ray Disc support in XBMC? With menus and AACS/BD+ decryption?0