mouse pointer
No matter what I do, I still have a mouse tip exposed into my video. It would be nice to have a setting within xbmc that I can turn off all mouse pointers while xbmc is running.

BTW .1.4 rox with the remote!!!
Have you tried to toggle: Settings > Appearance > Look & Feel > Enable Mouse?
posted a bug report about this already:

http://dn-0.com/xbmc-trac/ticket/77
What's happening with me is slightly different...

I have the mouse option turned OFF in XBMC, but every once in a while, the small black mouse pointer that is the default OS X pointer will just suddenly appear out of nowhere. It did this during a movie, and sometimes will just appear while browsing through menus with the Apple Remote.

It's not that difficult for me to move the mouse off the screen, and is only a minor annoyance, but was wondering if anyone else had this issue and if this needed to be added to that previously filed ticket?
Yup I get the same black mouse pointer sometimes with 0.1.7 which can be really anoying when you have to get up off the couch to move the mouse off the screen. I saw it a few times when I had the XMBC pointer switched on too. Would love to see that bug squished.
There are some things to notice. The size of the window in windowed mode is the "safe area" Say Windowed mode is 6"x4" and Full Screen mode is 8"x6". If you switch to full screen mode and you leave the mouse in the 6"x4" area it will disappear fine. If you are in the Extra area on the right and bottom (and sometimes a small portion of the top) of the screen the mouse will not fade away.

I've found leaving the cursor Centered vertically and far to the left horizontally reduces the chances of the cursor popping up. Also since my mini is headless and I use screen sharing to control it this gives me a good escape route to my computer where the cursor will still disappear. Any other direction will cause the black OS X cursor to stay.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mouse pointer0