Internet Messenger/Live Chat Client in XBMC
just a thought, could you read any of the previous posts?
this would be a nice feature if its possible. Smile
heres a python msn library and sample client that could be used for xbmc to add msn messenger, i don't have the know how but mybe one of the devs do    :bowdown:

http://users.auriga.wearlab.de/~alb/msnlib/
i wonder if it is possible to use msn on the xbox with xbmc or xebian, and if it is possible where could i download it...

hopefully someone can give me some advice...

:lol:
(mit @ dec. 16 2004,11:33 Wrote:i wonder if it is possible to use msn on the xbox with xbmc or xebian, and if it is possible where could i download it...

hopefully someone can give me some advice...
why did you post that in "xbmc general discussion" forum? Stare ...answer is no for xbmc, for anything else you got the wrong forums.
ps! please properly read through the faq and forum rules plus always look at the subject header of each forum before posting!, tia
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
well, since xbmc has become not just the dashboard for xbox but the "dashboard" for the entire home entertainment system being able to communicate with contacts on msn would be brilliant.

having a wireless keyboard this would be the ultimate feature. i wouldnt have to get up out of the sofa to chat with my biuddies... just lay there play games and vegetate all day until i die...haha...

seriously though... why not? build this system so that when microsoft releases there f** xbox 2 people will instead buy the old xbox modded though it will together with xbmc include everything +more microsoft ever thought of.

:d

thanks dudes!
i replied with an attempt i will make at a webbrowser into xmbc (attempt meaning to try it and not ness to succeed) for the occasional pop here and there to look at things.

but i would have to agree with the staff on the definition of a xbmc on this one not to mention the fact that i would not want my tv binging me every few seconds when i am doing something. this is more along the lines of an actual os which would be better suited to xblinux.

there is always webtv Wink (is that still going somewhere?)
vote for jabber. xbmc is not a player, now is a dash. the most complete and powerful dash. jabber is free. please study
Sad 
a 'instant messanger' (like; gaim, aim, irc, msn, icq, trillian, jabber, etc.) will never be implemented into xbmc nativly, ...if you want it request/code it in python as a script
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Is there anything existing that adds a MESSAGES menu item to XBMC that could check IRC for messages. I have put together an xbox with XBMC for my brother and was wondering if it's possible to send him a message so next time he starts XBMC it would pop up "You have a message" or something. If not I think this would be very useful as my XBMC runs all day. Best thing I have seen since first saw internet working in 1993. I's just awesome. Particularly if it ran permanently rather than from a script.

ThanksLaugh
Code:
http://XBOX_IP/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn&parameter=XBMC.Notification(Header,Message)

XBOX Ip is the IP Address of your Xbox
Header is the 1st Line of your message
Message is the 2nd line of your message

If you do not like the size of the Box that appears browse for the dialogkaitoast.xml file in your ProjectMayham Scin Folder
Wow cool... heres, the full set of commands:
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...erHTTP-API
I've always liked the idea of a minimal chat application for nothing more than seeing when friends go on or off-line. It would serve no other purpose except for that, and being able to view who is online. When somebody comes online (or offline), just a small dialog window in the upper corner for a couple of seconds. Then if need be, you can go to your computer where you can chat with them. Maybe just maybe, a minimum chat dialog, like if something is urgent, you could at least send a message. I'd like for it to be able to connect to all the popular servers, yahoo, AIM, msn, jabber, and the like. Minimal is key, especially with all these new skins coming out like aeon, it's gotta be minmal.

Any luck on anything like this in future builds?
Despite all these "Me too!" posts, I think the YAC client is just what is being looked for.
Ack, leave it to me to not read the Last page.
Nice find, pt-1!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Internet Messenger/Live Chat Client in XBMC0