The Holy Grail of XBMC for Mac OS X achieved? - 1080p 24Hz with no dropped frames
Equusz Wrote:Then cut a brotha in! Cool

I PM'ed ya......
Equusz Wrote:Then cut a brotha in! Cool

Vuze have some trailers and stuff, should be legal.
http://web.azureusplatform.com/channel/hd/hd_trailers
doug324 Wrote:Hello:
I am a new macmini owner and so far is great.
The mini is hooked up to a 5080hd pioneer and it automatically detects 1360x768 60hz.
How can I get that it to play 1920x1080 24hz?

By the way I hope that I am making sense.

thanks

Doug

You can't. the 5080HD is only a 720P set (Max resolution of WXGA - 1365 x 768)
In order to display 1080P resolution you would need a new Plasma, the 5010FD is the 1080P (1920 x 1080p resolution) replacement to the 5080HD.

Not to worry, you have the best 720P plasma out there! Smile
... wait I thought the linux port of XBMC was the only port that could currently run High Def?
bdanger Wrote:... wait I thought the linux port of XBMC was the only port that could currently run High Def?

What made you think that? Afaik, that is only a limitation on the original Xbox.
Neil Wrote:What made you think that? Afaik, that is only a limitation on the original Xbox.

I could be wrong. I'm running the latest version of the AEON skin (amazing skin BTW) and it has a little info pane on top that gives you tips about the skin and XBMC and one of the things it says is "The Linux port of XBMC is the only port that can currently play content in HD" or something like that...
linuxport & mac os port can both play 1080p if your cpu is powerfull enough
bdanger Wrote:... wait I thought the linux port of XBMC was the only port that could currently run High Def?
High Definition playback in not a software limitation in XBMC, it is a hardware limitation. The only reason the Xbox can not playback High Definition videos is that the CPU (Central Processor Unit = hardware) is not fast enough. XBMC for Linux, XBMC for Mac, and XBMC for Windows can all playback High Definition videos, ...and technically so can the Xbox version of XBMC as well, again it just the Xbox hardware that can not preform.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
So I found something interesting. http://kanexlive.com/ . What about getting the audio in the hdmi cable, would that make any differens with the audiosync. Also u can choose between USB audio or digital audio. Maybe if u use USB its the same frequenz as the cpu??

So what do u think?

Sorry for the bad english Smile
stahl80 Wrote:So I found something interesting. http://kanexlive.com/ . What about getting the audio in the hdmi cable, would that make any differens with the audiosync. Also u can choose between USB audio or digital audio. Maybe if u use USB its the same frequenz as the cpu??

So what do u think?

Sorry for the bad english Smile

I just ordered the unit and will try it with PLEX first as it is made supposedly for MAC. After seeing the quick instructions, there appears to be no reason with some work that it cant be used with Linux (or that other OS). I haven't played with linux for a long long time so at least I'll see if it works with OSX. Btw, Kanex main site is out of stock but I was able to order this item from Mac Mall (Kanex emailed me back and recommended Mac Mall)

- Phrehdd
phrehdd Wrote:I just ordered the unit and will try it with PLEX first as it is made supposedly for MAC.

XBMC for Mac is also "made for OSX" Smile
davilla Wrote:XBMC for Mac is also "made for OSX" Smile

<GRIN> fair enough!
phrehdd Wrote:I just ordered the unit and will try it with PLEX first as it is made supposedly for MAC. After seeing the quick instructions, there appears to be no reason with some work that it cant be used with Linux (or that other OS). I haven't played with linux for a long long time so at least I'll see if it works with OSX. Btw, Kanex main site is out of stock but I was able to order this item from Mac Mall (Kanex emailed me back and recommended Mac Mall)

- Phrehdd

Please do! And post your experiences! Thanks alot! Looking forward to hear from you...
Update - I received the Kanex solution for digital out + display port to HDMI. The video works as described. However, for whatever reason, and I wont pass judgement yet on the unit, the digital connection is NOT build in. They supply a cable with one regular end and one mini toslink (fits into the mac). The regular end fits into the kanex unit. The latter, is the problem. Appears I got either an item from the store (not Kanex) that was in disrepair or it was a manufacturing problem. Either way, the cable could not be seated into the unit. I believe there is a clasp of sorts to hold it in place that was missing. So I have returned the item.

On a lighter note - I did get my Mac Mini (late 2009, 2.53/4gig) to with minor fiddling see 1080p @24. M2TS streamed played video well. Obviously there was no digital audio to report back on. However, I did hook up analogue via headphones and had a nice experience.

So...thats about it for now.

I'll start a new topic and list some makers of these devices.

- Phrehdd
phrehdd Wrote:On a lighter note - I did get my Mac Mini (late 2009, 2.53/4gig) to with minor fiddling see 1080p @24.

Hiya phrehdd,

Can I ask, how exactly did you manage that?
My MacMini runs at 1080p60 on the desktop and in XBMC when started. I would like to know how to force 1080p24 instead Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Holy Grail of XBMC for Mac OS X achieved? - 1080p 24Hz with no dropped frames0