Scheduled Library Updates Settings - Schedule regular periodic scan for new content?
also to mention the obvious; you know there's an update library builtin command? if utorrent can run a script on finish just submit that via http api
spiff Wrote:also to mention the obvious; you know there's an update library builtin command? if utorrent can run a script on finish just submit that via http api

It isn't practical because you have to add it per torrent (at least last time I looked).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Thanks for the replies. I guess I'm just used to MediaPortal doing it automatically. Now that I know there is an update function in the context menu it's not such a big issue.
Here is the feature request:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4919
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I was wondering... I also want to update the library automatically every hour our so... My computer is on 24/7, but I use Windows Media Center to record and watch tv as well...

The problem is that Windows Media center doesnt work very well if XBMC is on all the time coz XBMC takes a lot of CPU power just when in idle, not mentioning the XBMC cant be minimized, so theres some GL problems when booth run at the same time...

The best solution would be just running python scripts outside XBMC UI, so one could just use windows schedule to trigger the execution of a python script that uses xbmc module and updates the library...

But I read here that you cant use xbmc module outside XBMC environment... which is a pity... So, I was wondering... is there any way to run XBMC in "command line mode" so I could run a python script that uses the xbmc module? what I mean with command line mode is launch XBMC without the UI, with just the python environment so we can run scripts offline... something like, instead of run a python script with the usual command line like:

python "updateLibrary.py"

which I know doesnt work, instead we could do:

xbmc -python "updateLibrary.py"

and XBMC would load the whole python environment only, run the script and quit...

I think this would open a whole other world of possibilities beside update the library...

off course we would have to deal with 2 XBMC running at the same time, if one is running a script in command line mode and the user starts XBMC UI... that could be a problem... but then we can find ways to deal with it...

how hard would it be to implement such a feature? what you guy think about it?

by the way... awesome work... I just love the library!!!! I just wish that XBMC could handle live tv/record tv as well and I would just abandon Vista MCE... Tongue

-H
hradec Wrote:coz XBMC takes a lot of CPU power just when in idle,
Have you tried playing with Vsynch in settings? (ie enable it only for playback).
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
2 problems:

Crashes at the update time.
Text on screen saying alarm has been started.

application.cpp

Code:
if (g_guiSettings.GetBool("videolibrary.intervalupdate"))
  {
    g_alarmClock.start("udpateintervalvideo", 60, "xbmc.intervalupdate('video')");
  }

guisettings.cpp

Code:
AddBool(9, "videolibrary.intervalupdate", 22021, false);

util.cpp:
Code:
else if (execute.Equals("intervalupdate"))
  {
    if (parameter.Equals("video"))
    {
      CLog::Log(LOGNOTICE, "Updating video library at interval");
      CGUIDialogVideoScan *scanner = (CGUIDialogVideoScan *)m_gWindowManager.GetWindow(WINDOW_DIALOG_VIDEO_SCAN);
      SScraperInfo info;
      VIDEO::SScanSettings settings;
      if (scanner)
      {
        if (scanner->IsScanning())
          scanner->StopScanning();
        else
          CGUIWindowVideoBase::OnScan("",info,settings);
      }
      if( g_alarmClock.isRunning() )
        g_alarmClock.stop("udpateintervalvideo");
      g_alarmClock.start("udpateintervalvideo",60, "xbmc.intervalupdate('video')");
    }
  }
?"! sorry But here I get confused. Confused
Im must say I dont understand any of these API IIRC CRON, rwparris wgets etc.

Is there a simple way to auto update library? maybe your solution is simple but I dont know what means:
Quote:"Use the HTTP API and cron it."
Search google for crontab.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

@ xmltok, no there is no (built in user accessible) way to schedule within xbmc, however you can use various external utilities/programs to initiate a rescan via the http api (xbmc's web server) by opening a specific URL to start the scan.
Look for rwparris2 in this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ary&page=2
TeknoJnky Wrote:@ xmltok, no there is no way to schedule within xbmc, however you can use various external utilities/programs to initiate a rescan via the http api (xbmc's web server) by opening a specific URL to start the scan.

Huh? XBMC has python. Python has threads and a time module. I'm pretty sure everything is in place to schedule a task.
I clarified the statement, there is no already existing built in user accessible way to utilize this functionality.

Expecting a general user to know python and be able to program a script to provide such functionality, is a bit much, IMO.

Even scripts I consider as external to native functionality.

In other words, if it is not in the options and easily accessible/configurable, then it does not exist for the masses.
For example, let's say I just copied a bunch of new movies over to my HTPC.

How do I get XBMC to automatically update it's video library with my new movies?

I know of the option "Update library on startup" but I keep XBMC running 24/7 so I'm wondering if another (automatic) way exists...
Moved and last poster, please look for the python script in this thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scheduled Library Updates Settings - Schedule regular periodic scan for new content?0