Folder Sharing Currently Not Working?
Hi all . . .

I just stumbled upon the XBMC for Windows stuff last night and had to install it. THIS IS GREAT NEWS! I installed original version from 10-step post and it plays 720p and even 720p h264 media flawlessly! I haven't been able to find anything else that would play this stuff on my P4 2.4 machine. Kudos! And, I had forgotten how much I missed the XBMC interface.

But. . . before I spend too much time pulling my hairs out--am I to understand that there's currently not a working way to share media from other networked computers? I tried SMB and XBMS and both say they cannot find network.

Thanks!
I downloaded and ran Wiso version and I can see and add networked drives as sources, but movies will not play at all.. see below for info on wiso version..

Hi,

I've uploaded a build from CW9. Theres no support for this build. Most work was done for the linux build (todays revision broke windows build) and it could be that even less features work than with Arts build.
The fullscreen is not yet stupid prove. Make sure you set it to a Desktop resolution rather than PAL or NTSC.
guisettings.xml and keymap.xml are now located in \Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\XBMC\ no need to run run_me_first.bat.
I've corrected the drive mappings but it's still not final.
There's still a lot what doesn't work!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FV312KCK
dailymutilation Wrote:Hi all . . .

I just stumbled upon the XBMC for Windows stuff last night and had to install it. THIS IS GREAT NEWS! I installed original version from 10-step post and it plays 720p and even 720p h264 media flawlessly! I haven't been able to find anything else that would play this stuff on my P4 2.4 machine. Kudos! And, I had forgotten how much I missed the XBMC interface.

But. . . before I spend too much time pulling my hairs out--am I to understand that there's currently not a working way to share media from other networked computers? I tried SMB and XBMS and both say they cannot find network.

Thanks!

Well, I just mapped a drive in windows, and XBMC seems to work ok using the mapped drive name.
Samba or any network sharing still isn't supported (working) in the win32 builds as far as I know
Jezz_X Wrote:Samba or any network sharing still isn't supported (working) in the win32 builds as far as I know

If you have the network share already mapped in windows it works well with Wiso's last posted build. Great work Wiso!
cheers,

crazyivan
Well yeah but thats not XBMC doing the networking thats windows doing it
Jezz_X Wrote:Well yeah but thats not XBMC doing the networking thats windows doing it

I wasn't disagreeing with you Jezz, just letting folks know that for this Windows version of XBMC, accessing network shares is not an issue (despite your statement being true). Big Grin
cheers,

crazyivan
Yes,
let's not do confusion

XBMC sharing DOES NOT WORK

this means that FROM within the application if you try to mount a share you'll get an error.

If you mount the shares from the guest operating system, that means you map the disk as D,E or any other letter, XBMC will be able to view it's contets as for the application that's just as physical disk.

Where is the difference? that you cannot mount/browse dynamicaly shares from within XBMC!

Hoping this keeps things complitely clear Smile

Mf
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
OK, I get that part now, and I've created a mapped Z drive, but now I'm having trouble even getting a network connection. I've tried settings with both DHCP and manual, and matching them to what's in Windows. . . through Windows I can connect and see other computers on network and internet.
But XBMC isn't seeing connection at all, no scroll at bottom, and if you mouse over Settings button you get IP: but it's blank. It sees that there is supposed to be a Z drive but when I try to open it says there is no network connection.
Ideas?
the windows build still has some legacies from the xbox version which aren't fixed yet. They're in particular that we still use the mapped drives internally which means q:, p:, t: and z: aren't available via the interface.
For the meanwhile use other drive letters.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Smile 
dvd.collector Wrote:Well, I just mapped a drive in windows, and XBMC seems to work ok using the mapped drive name.

I mapped a drive in windows yet,but can't browse it in xbmc.how to used the mapped drive? please example it ok?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Folder Sharing Currently Not Working?0