Schedules Direct for Tvheadend addon
Ugh, still getting the same error. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Try downloading this file - unzipping and running from that folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yilkqznedjwjij...y.zip?dl=0

BTW - if that doesn't work, maybe you don't have Python 2.7 installed? Might you only have Python 3?
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
Testing ATSC single and dual tuners on RPi3 and the occasional s905 box
If you like my work you can buy me a coffee!
(2018-01-11, 17:34)edit4ever Wrote: BTW - if that doesn't work, maybe you don't have Python 2.7 installed? Might you only have Python 3?
UGH that was the problem! I had Python 3.6 installed, didn't realize I needed Python 2.7. After doing that I was able to set my lineups! Now the problem is I'm getting unrecognized arguments errors when trying to create the xml:
Code:
c:\xml>c:\python27\python.exe sd2xmltv.py --username **** --password **** [--output xmltv.xml][--days 7]
usage: sd2xmltv.py -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD [-h][-v][-o OUTPUT_PATH][-d DAYS][-m][--hdhomerun HDHOMERUN]
sd2xmltv.py: error: unrecognized arguments: [--output xmltv.xml][--days 7]

c:\xml>c:\python27\python.exe sd2xmltv.py --username **** --password ***** [-o xmltv.xml][-d 7]
usage: sd2xmltv.py -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD [-h][-v][-o OUTPUT_PATH][-d DAYS][-m][--hdhomerun HDHOMERUN]
sd2xmltv.py: error: unrecognized arguments: [-o xmltv.xml][-d 7]

c:\xml>sd2xmltv.py --username **** --password **** [--output ./xmltv.xml] [--days 7]
sd2xmltv.py: error: unrecognized arguments: [--output ./xmltv.xml] [--days 7]

c:\xml>c:\python27\python.exe sd2xmltv.py --username **** --password **** [--output c:\torrents\xmltv.xml][--days 7]
sd2xmltv.py: error: unrecognized arguments: [--output c:\torrents\xmltv.xml][--days 7]

c:\xml>

I tried lots of different things but nothing seems to work. I'm omitting the HDHomerun part because I don't have one.
the brackets just mean using these arguments is optional - your command line should be:

c:\python27\python.exe sd2xmltv.py -u **** -p **** -o c:\torrents\xmltv.xml -d 7
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
(2018-01-11, 20:49)edit4ever Wrote: the brackets just mean using these arguments is optional - your command line should be:

c:\python27\python.exe sd2xmltv.py -u **** -p **** -o c:\torrents\xmltv.xml -d 7
Ahhh, if you can't tell I'm not very experienced with coding. That command worked!!! Thank you for all your help and patience helping me get this working! I just paypal'd you some money as a thank you. It's not much but should be enough for a couple cups of coffee.

So my final question is, what would be the best way to setup this command to automatically run once a day on a Windows system?
Glad it worked.

Windows Task Scheduler should work for you.  If you're running Windows 10 it's under Windows Administrative Tools in the start menu.

You can kind of use these instructions:  https://www.drupal.org/docs/7/setting-up...th-windows

But just create a new task, give it a name, under actions set the program to run - in your case c:\python27\python.exe sd2xmltv.py

Not sure if you can leave the arguements in the program command line or if you have to add the -u **** -p **** -o c:\torrents\xmltv.xml -d 7 to the add arguments line in the task.

Also - you probably want to go ahead and get the full 14 days - so leave out the -d 7

Thanks for the donation!
Thanks for the addon. I have modified it slightly so that I can run a Tvheadend server on an Nvidia Shield. In order to do that, I had to add a command line option to specify the cache location (the Nvidia Shield only allows writing in certain locations). I also had to run your addon through a Kodi Cronjob addon because the Tvheadend server apk for the Nvidia Shield (written by someone else) does not have internal grabbers. So I run your script with command line parameters to place the output at a location that the Tvheadend server apk can find it (using the Kodi Cronjob addon). It works great, so thank you!

I experienced two problems that I didn't know how to fix. The first was that the lineup schedule that came up for me in your addon lacked enough information for me to choose an appropriate lineup. For example, USA, zipcode 28803 brings up two entries that say "Charter Spectrum - Digital". When I run tv_grab_zz_sdjson, these entries come up with more detail and I can differentiate between them (14. USA-NC01127-X | Charter Spectrum - Digital | Burnsville | Cable vs. 15. USA-NC32418-X | Charter Spectrum - Digital | Asheville | Cable). In order to select the USA-NC32418-X lineup, I just configured it with tv_grab_zz_sdjson instead of your plugin. I feel like I tried selecting both "Charter Spectrum - Digital" entries in your addon, but neither one gave me the Asheville lineup (I always got the Burnsville lineup).

The second problem involved SD channels. I have two channels in my lineup that are only SD (no HD counterparts). No guide data is available for these channels. When I run tv_grab_zz_sdjson, I do get guide data for those channels. Are you filtering out SD channels in the addon? It is not a big deal to me, because I will probably never watch these channels, but I just wanted to mention it.

Thanks for all the work!
I haven't worked on/looked at this addon in awhile as I don't use Schedules Direct any longer.  I'll take a look at the code and see if I can help sort out the questions.
(2019-04-13, 16:17)edit4ever Wrote: I haven't worked on/looked at this addon in awhile as I don't use Schedules Direct any longer.  I'll take a look at the code and see if I can help sort out the questions.

I don't want to bother you if you don't even use the code anymore. I'll see if I can figure it out. By the way, what do you use in place of Schedules Direct?
No problem - I'll take a look when I get a chance.  Since I only have over the air and only a few channels - I use my zap2epg addon.  If you need a cable lineup - you'll need Schedules Direct.  No question Schedules Direct is a good deal - I just didn't need it for a few OTA channels.

I'll let you know if I can figure out the issue...and if you figure it out - please let me know and I'll update the addon.  Thanks!
Looks like Schedules Direct does not have the location info in the same data line as the lineup name:

Code:
    {
        "headend": "NC01127",
        "transport": "Cable",
        "location": "Burnsville",
        "lineups": [
            {
                "name": "Charter Spectrum - Digital",
                "lineup": "USA-NC01127-X",
                "uri": "/20141201/lineups/USA-NC01127-X"
            }
        ]
    },
    {
        "headend": "NC32418",
        "location": "Asheville",
            {
                "name": "Charter Spectrum - Digital",
                "lineup": "USA-NC32418-X",
                "uri": "/20141201/lineups/USA-NC32418-X"
            }
        ]
    },
    {
        "headend": "NC67900",
        "location": "Fletcher",
            {
                "name": "AT&T U-verse TV - Digital",
                "lineup": "USA-NC67900-X",
                "uri": "/20141201/lineups/USA-NC67900-X"
            }
        ]
    },

Therefore I need to see if I can concatenate them for the lineup selection prompt.  Would normally be easy (I do this in my zap2epg addon) but I didn't write the core part of this addon - it was adapted from the sd2xml project...so I'll have to dig in a bit.  :-)
OK - I think I solved adding the location info for the lineups.  Give this new release a try and make sure you get the correct channels:

https://github.com/edit4ever/script.modu...tag/v0.3.0

Thanks!
(2019-04-10, 21:48)cerk Wrote: The second problem involved SD channels. I have two channels in my lineup that are only SD (no HD counterparts). No guide data is available for these channels. When I run tv_grab_zz_sdjson, I do get guide data for those channels. Are you filtering out SD channels in the addon? It is not a big deal to me, because I will probably never watch these channels, but I just wanted to mention it.

Here is a link to the Schedules Direct output for the Asheville Digital Cable lineup.  Take a look and see if the missing channels are in this list or not.  If they are, let me know if you still don't see them after trying the updated addon. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7af0dbg0iv1e0i....json?dl=0

Thanks!
(2019-04-16, 02:10)edit4ever Wrote: OK - I think I solved adding the location info for the lineups.  Give this new release a try and make sure you get the correct channels:

https://github.com/edit4ever/script.modu...tag/v0.3.0

Thanks!

Thanks for looking at this issue so quickly!

It looks like it is working for adding a lineup. I decided to add a second lineup (one of the Charter Spectrum lineups - Greenville) and delete that lineup. I believe the remove lineup command did not work properly (I believe I selected the Greenville lineup to delete but the Asheville lineup was deleted instead). It could have been user error though. I will test tomorrow - I think SchedulesDirect limits the amount of lineup changes you can do per day.
(2019-04-16, 02:12)edit4ever Wrote:
(2019-04-10, 21:48)cerk Wrote: The second problem involved SD channels. I have two channels in my lineup that are only SD (no HD counterparts). No guide data is available for these channels. When I run tv_grab_zz_sdjson, I do get guide data for those channels. Are you filtering out SD channels in the addon? It is not a big deal to me, because I will probably never watch these channels, but I just wanted to mention it.

Here is a link to the Schedules Direct output for the Asheville Digital Cable lineup.  Take a look and see if the missing channels are in this list or not.  If they are, let me know if you still don't see them after trying the updated addon. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7af0dbg0iv1e0i....json?dl=0

Thanks!  
An example channel is 062 which is listed in the file you linked. I don't get guide data for this channel even after your update. Again, not a big deal and I'll investigate some more.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Schedules Direct for Tvheadend addon1